• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Jubril Adekoya and the Honor Council

Started by usc4valpo, December 30, 2016, 10:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

Quote from: Kyle321n on February 09, 2017, 01:37:53 PM
Quote from: wh on February 09, 2017, 01:31:19 PM
Quote from: bbtds on February 09, 2017, 01:12:47 PM
Quote from: valpolaw on February 08, 2017, 07:57:31 AM
Anyone have word on Jubril's status for tomorrow?  Hoping to see him back in action.  I think that could be a huge motivating factor for the team going into the final stretch of the season. 

I heard great news. Jubril will be dressed and ready to play. Whether that includes a Valpo uniform or the warm up gear is not known. I do know he won't be naked.

Oh, did you think I meant Jubril was going to play-----maybe YES, maybe no.

Excellent news, if true. Even a rusty Jubril will have to be defended.  So completely sick of gimmick defenses by crap teams that we would blow out if they had to play honest defense - box-and-1, or 5 defenders guarding 4 players with J/D's man free ranging all over the place.

Someone doesn't understand jokes...

I understand jokes; I guess I never considered somebody trying to make a funny about Jubril returning tonight.

Effective communication = the right message, delivered at the right time, by the right person. 0-3

justducky

Quote from: wh on February 09, 2017, 02:04:05 PMI understand jokes; I guess I never considered somebody trying to make a funny about Jubril returning tonight.

Effective communication = the right message, delivered at the right time, by the right person. 0-3
Yes and when we wanted him to be funny he decided to be serious.  ::)

bbtds

Quote from: wh on February 09, 2017, 02:04:05 PM
Quote from: Kyle321n on February 09, 2017, 01:37:53 PM
Quote from: wh on February 09, 2017, 01:31:19 PM
Quote from: bbtds on February 09, 2017, 01:12:47 PM
Quote from: valpolaw on February 08, 2017, 07:57:31 AM
Anyone have word on Jubril's status for tomorrow?  Hoping to see him back in action.  I think that could be a huge motivating factor for the team going into the final stretch of the season. 

I heard great news. Jubril will be dressed and ready to play. Whether that includes a Valpo uniform or the warm up gear is not known. I do know he won't be naked.

Oh, did you think I meant Jubril was going to play-----maybe YES, maybe no.

Excellent news, if true. Even a rusty Jubril will have to be defended.  So completely sick of gimmick defenses by crap teams that we would blow out if they had to play honest defense - box-and-1, or 5 defenders guarding 4 players with J/D's man free ranging all over the place.

Someone doesn't understand jokes...

I understand jokes; I guess I never considered somebody trying to make a funny about Jubril returning tonight.

Yes, I should have tweeted a hate message about a judge that didn't rule in my favor or a company that offended my daughter. That is much better communication.

valpolaw

If I heard correctly last night during the ESPN 3 stream, Todd mentioned that Jubril has been practicing with the starters and they were hoping the NCAA would clear him for last night but there's hope he will be playing Saturday.  That's the most I've heard on the situation outside of this board.

humbleopinion

Thanks for mentioning that.  It sounds like the word that had been passed to me was informed rather than mere speculation.  I was pondering whether or not apologize to the forum for rumor mongering (even though I had included a disclaimer). I hope we see Jubril in uniform on Saturday.
Beamin' Beacons

VU2014

QuoteYes, I should have tweeted a hate message about a judge that didn't rule in my favor or a company that offended my daughter. That is much better communication.

Please no politics on the basketball forum.

valpotx

Ok, so it sounds like there was some type of issue that came up specific to Jubril, and that the program won't have to forfeit any wins because we took a proactive approach in holding him out while the NCAA investigated.  That sounds like a sound approach by our program, versus what other programs would have done. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

Quote from: valpotx on February 10, 2017, 10:02:25 AMOk, so it sounds like there was some type of issue that came up specific to Jubril, and that the program won't have to forfeit any wins because we took a proactive approach in holding him out while the NCAA investigated.  That sounds like a sound approach by our program, versus what other programs would have done.

But does that mean he's done?
CRUSADERS!!!

crusader05

I don't think he's done. I think that they expected him to play but that the NCAA is taking a bit longer than they thought. Leaks are coming a little more now so that leads me to think it's almost resolved

FWalum

I would think that if Matt is having him practice with the first team, as Todd indicated on the broadcast last night, he would be pretty certain that Jubril's return is imminent. Lets hope it is Saturday and that he can shake the rust off before the remaining away games.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

VU2014

Paul doesn't even know what is up with Jubril. I was pretty surprise Todd brought it up during the broadcast last night.

https://twitter.com/NWIOren/status/830090222918594562

SanityLost17

Last night was his 16th game.  That is exactly 50% of the regular season, correct?

That would suggest to me it is Saturday or never.

VU2624

There is an assumption that this is a suspension of some set number of games which may not be the case. It could be an eligibility issue in which when he returns could be up in the air until he's cleared to play.

wh

Quote from: VU2624 on February 10, 2017, 08:01:24 PM
There is an assumption that this is a suspension of some set number of games which may not be the case. It could be an eligibility issue in which when he returns could be up in the air until he's cleared to play.

Anything's possible. Valpo may have suspended him for 16 games (or longer) and this has nothing to do with the NCAA.  The NCAA may have suspended him for 16 games (or longer). Valpo may have unilaterally suspended him "to be on the safe side," pending a decision by the NCAA. Maybe the NCAA has decided; maybe it hasn't. Maybe they have sentenced him to time served, which by coincidence happens to be 16 games. "Time served" might just as likely have been 10 games, or 8 games, or 4 games, had the NCAA been more responsive.

One thing is certain, thanks to privacy rules we will never know if negligence has played any part in this whole convoluted situation. Privacy is necessary; unfortunately, it sometimes provides cover for people who should be exposed or processes that should be changed.

SanityLost17

Quote from: wh on February 10, 2017, 09:34:31 PM
Quote from: VU2624 on February 10, 2017, 08:01:24 PM

Anything's possible. Valpo may have suspended him for 16 games (or longer) and this has nothing to do with the NCAA.  The NCAA may have suspended him for 16 games (or longer). Valpo may have unilaterally suspended him "to be on the safe side," pending a decision by the NCAA. Maybe the NCAA has decided; maybe it hasn't. Maybe they have sentenced him to time served, which by coincidence happens to be 16 games. "Time served" might just as likely have been 10 games, or 8 games, or 4 games, had the NCAA been more responsive.

One thing is certain, thanks to privacy rules we will never know if negligence has played any part in this whole convoluted situation. Privacy is necessary; unfortunately, it sometimes provides cover for people who should be exposed or processes that should be changed.

I guess I am stuck in high school discipline thinking.   Suspensions at the high school level for major issues are always 25%, 50% or 100% of your season.   

hailcrusaders

Peters is wearing #23 as a tribute to Jubril tonight (2/11 vs. Youngstown), according to Todd Ickow. He also said that the NCAA is holding Jubril out.
#CrusadersForever

valpotx

They better have a very good reason to do so.  They would never take this long with a Power 5 team....
"Don't mess with Texas"

VU2014

I'm loving the "FREE JUBRIL" Chants from the student section. Great energy tonight!

agibson

Quote from: hailcrusaders on February 11, 2017, 07:04:39 PMHe also said that the NCAA is holding Jubril out.

Was Todd any more specific? Out... Tonight? Pending investigation?

valpopal

Jubril took a shot at end of 2nd-half warm-up. It was good to see, and you could tell he wished he was shooting during regulation.

VU2624

Quote from: valpotx on February 11, 2017, 07:19:26 PMThey better have a very good reason to do so.  They would never take this long with a Power 5 team....

Are the Florida Gators a Power 5 team?

wh

Tried to listen to the postgame but thanks to the annoying humming sound, I could only understand bits and pieces. Would someone mind sharing what was said about Jubril. Thanks.

VUBBFan

Quote from: wh on February 11, 2017, 11:01:00 PMTried to listen to the postgame but thanks to the annoying humming sound, I could only understand bits and pieces. Would someone mind sharing what was said about Jubril. Thanks.

All he said was " I don't have a lot of information " and did not comment any further

rustnvrsleeps@yahoo.com

Quote from: VUBBFan on February 11, 2017, 11:11:36 PM

Quote from: wh on February 11, 2017, 11:01:00 PMTried to listen to the postgame but thanks to the annoying humming sound, I could only understand bits and pieces. Would someone mind sharing what was said about Jubril. Thanks.

All he said was " I don't have a lot of information " and did not comment any further
So, same as it ever was....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk