• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Jubril Adekoya and the Honor Council

Started by usc4valpo, December 30, 2016, 10:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agibson

Quote from: valpo64 on February 13, 2017, 10:52:17 AMRe:  Alec Peters demeanor ...Did anyone ever think that perhaps he was totally consumed by the game and it's immediate importance?  Knowing AP's dedication to the game, work ethic and positive and humble attitude, I don't think all of the "hoopla" mattered too much  to him.

This was 100% how I interpreted his actions and demeanor at the time. "Let's get back to the game."

valpo64

Pgmado

I'm going to step in and comment on this perceived snub. Spend any time around Peters and you realize how important his teammates and winning are to him. Without trying to talk too much out of school here, Alec inferred to me before the UIC game that he DID NOT WANT the game to be stopped when he broke the scoring record. It's an honor he enjoys to the point that he'll look back on it once his career is over. He was given the ball and went through a handshake line with Lottich, LaBarbera and President Heckler. By the time he got to Heckler, his father had moved into position to catch the ball that Alec was throwing him. Alec simply wanted to get back to the timeout and get back to playing.

I understand it looks like a tasty conspiracy. Trust me, I once watched a practice and had a little conspiracy theory about who would play based on the kind of shoes the players were wearing. You can get any little moment to say whatever you want it to say if you try hard enough.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the "snub" is being blown way out of proportion here. The kid wanted to get back on the court.

vu72

I just retweeted about a dozen tweets.  My problem is I only have two followers... :(
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

FWalum

Quote from: vu72 on February 13, 2017, 11:20:21 AM
I just retweeted about a dozen tweets.  My problem is I only have two followers... :(
When I did the same thing I went from 14 to 15 followers!  Lets see if Tom Davis picks up on this.   :o
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

valpo64

Are you sure Tom Davis even knows who Alec Peters is?  He doesn't go to Butler, you know(lol).  Can't wait for TD's comments on Butler's loss.

VU2014

QuoteWhen I did the same thing I went from 14 to 15 followers!  Lets see if Tom Davis picks up on this.   :o

Nobody tweet at Tom Davis about it. That prick would write some hack piece about the University and just try and smear Jubril and the program.

That man is an embarrassment to real sport journalists and reporters out there.

Valpower

Quote from: agibson on February 13, 2017, 11:12:35 AM
Quote from: valpo64 on February 13, 2017, 10:52:17 AMRe:  Alec Peters demeanor ...Did anyone ever think that perhaps he was totally consumed by the game and it's immediate importance?  Knowing AP's dedication to the game, work ethic and positive and humble attitude, I don't think all of the "hoopla" mattered too much  to him.

This was 100% how I interpreted his actions and demeanor at the time. "Let's get back to the game."
Indeed. If you look at the video closely, you see that he shook MH's hand.

agibson

Quote from: FWalum on February 13, 2017, 11:39:09 AM
Quote from: vu72 on February 13, 2017, 11:20:21 AM
When I did the same thing I went from 14 to 15 followers!

Even if not many see your retweet on their timeline, it'll add to the statistics on the original post(s). Keep it up! And post on your own! Include #FreeJubril, or that old #LetJubrilPlay chestnut and others will pick them up (and then, hey, if you'd like more followers maybe that gets you more followers).

oklahomamick

Quote from: agibson on February 13, 2017, 12:08:57 PM
Quote from: FWalum on February 13, 2017, 11:39:09 AM
Quote from: vu72 on February 13, 2017, 11:20:21 AMI just retweeted about a dozen tweets.  My problem is I only have two followers... :(
When I did the same thing I went from 14 to 15 followers!
Even if not many see your retweet on their timeline, it'll add to the statistics on the original post(s). Keep it up! And post on your own! Include #FreeJubril, or that old #LetJubrilPlay chestnut and others will pick them up (and then, hey, if you'd like more followers maybe that gets you more followers).

And you can direct the tweeter to certain people. 
CRUSADERS!!!

Just Sayin

Too much drama. Men, suit em' up and play the game.

bbtds

Quote from: valpo64 on February 13, 2017, 10:52:17 AM
Re:  Alec Peters demeanor ...Did anyone ever think that perhaps he was totally consumed by the game and it's immediate importance?  Knowing AP's dedication to the game, work ethic and positive and humble attitude, I don't think all of the "hoopla" mattered too much  to him.  It seems like too many people are trying to make something out of nothing.  For those of you who have your undies in a knot over the JA situation,  leave it at that.  It is not Alec's problem.  Let's let our "horse" rest

Au contraire, the absence of Jubril from the team directly effects Alec in that his and the team's chances of winning the HL tournament and a berth in the NCAA tournament are greatly, I repeat, greatly effected.

bbtds

Quote from: Pgmado on February 13, 2017, 11:19:19 AM
I'm going to step in and comment on this perceived snub. Spend any time around Peters and you realize how important his teammates and winning are to him. Without trying to talk too much out of school here, Alec inferred to me before the UIC game that he DID NOT WANT the game to be stopped when he broke the scoring record. It's an honor he enjoys to the point that he'll look back on it once his career is over. He was given the ball and went through a handshake line with Lottich, LaBarbera and President Heckler. By the time he got to Heckler, his father had moved into position to catch the ball that Alec was throwing him. Alec simply wanted to get back to the timeout and get back to playing.

I understand it looks like a tasty conspiracy. Trust me, I once watched a practice and had a little conspiracy theory about who would play based on the kind of shoes the players were wearing. You can get any little moment to say whatever you want it to say if you try hard enough.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the "snub" is being blown way out of proportion here. The kid wanted to get back on the court.

Okay, I rewatched the video and it does seem that Alec gets distracted by his father moving forward in the stands just as he is approached by President Heckler for a handshake. I'm sure if he had to do it over again Alec would have gone back and acknowledged the university president if people felt he "snubbed" him in that short moment. 

valpo84

Was there a second handshake?  It has come down to this?  Maybe there's a Zapruder video?

"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

Valpo Joe

GMAB - AP has an ATTITUDE and he can't hide it. Not saying he shouldn't have the ATTITUDE - good for him. Diss MH  :clap: wear #23  :clap: snarl @ press conference  :clap: double doubles  :clap: FT  :clap: keep winning  :clap: FREE JUBRIL :thewave:

valpo64

Some of you guys are amazing!  On a topic of Jubril, all you talk about is Alec.  What's your problem?

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: valpo64 on February 14, 2017, 10:59:47 AM
Some of you guys are amazing!  On a topic of Jubril, all you talk about is Alec.  What's your problem?

Be proactive, make a new thread.  Last I checked, the more productive way is to lead the cattle to water rather than chastise and do nothing.

valpolaw

Any thoughts on the possibility of seeing Jubril play Friday?  Seems like it may never happen at this point but who knows. 

jsher3141

I'm sure we are all hoping to see him play Friday.  But we probably won't have any kind of answer until game time. It sure does seem like everyone with the program has been anticipating his return at any moment.

But I would guess that even after a decision is made, the team will keep it quiet until the moment he steps onto the floor in uniform.

Valpo Joe

VALPO64 -How can you NOT talk about AP when he wears #23 ???  GET REAL and discuss how #25 & #23 have upset the Team :-X  Could have been a great year.

valpo64

The real question is :  What does AP have to do with Jubril's problems.  I still don't understand how Alec's name comes up when discussing Jubril's situation.  Oh, by-the-way, the best thing that has happened to Valpo B-ball over the last 4 years has been ALEC PETERS!    His support for Jubril reflects the general feeling of the team.  It seems that the frustration of the team and all of us here regarding JB's situation is taking over .  I too am upset and frustrated, but I don't think it is fair that some keep bringing up AP's name when discussing the JB fiasco.

M

I would think that Alec wants his name brought up to help get Jubril's situation some extra press if possible. If his actions, wearing 23, help get the NCAA's rear end moving on this then I'm all for it.

NativeCheesehead

Alec's sister posted up a pic in instagram of Alec posing with Jubril. A couple of very interesting comments below that picture.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on February 14, 2017, 08:05:15 PM
Alec's sister posted up a pic in instagram of Alec posing with Jubril. A couple of very interesting comments below that picture.

Glad you got to read that.  Good of you to let us know that you know something.

NativeCheesehead

Wow. This suspension has turned this board salty.