• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Parker Hazen is transferring, per Paul Oren

Started by VU2014, March 21, 2018, 05:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2014

Quote from: FWalum on April 10, 2018, 12:36:55 PM
Heard last night that Parker Hazen has made a decision on his new team and it should be announced publicly in the near future.

I hope it all works out for Parker. If I had to take a guess he'll land with a JUCO or D2 school where he'll get the opportunity to play right away and get some valuable in game reps/experience. If it all works out I could see him moving back up to D1 after a season season. Parker has the physical tools and size to be a D1 player.

covufan

Heard last night that Parker Hazen has made a decision on his new team and it should be announced publicly in the near future.
Wondering if there is a chance it could be Ball St.

bigmosmithfan1

Even though his brother is there, I would be surprised by that. Despite recent reports, BSU will only have one scholarship free for next year (Josh Thompson, son of BSU great Chandler Thompson, almost certainly will earn a scholarship after playing the John Kiser role as a walk-on this season for the Cards).

BSU is thin up front, so I'd expect them to use that open scholarship on a juco or grad transfer big.

EddieCabot

Quote from: VU2014 on April 10, 2018, 12:50:19 PM

I hope it all works out for Parker. If I had to take a guess he'll land with a JUCO or D2 school where he'll get the opportunity to play right away and get some valuable in game reps/experience. If it all works out I could see him moving back up to D1 after a season season. Parker has the physical tools and size to be a D1 player.

FWIW, he would be immediately eligible if transferring down to a DII school, but would have to sit a year if he subsequently transfer back up to DI.

VULB#62

Quote from: EddieCabot on April 10, 2018, 04:39:25 PM
Quote from: VU2014 on April 10, 2018, 12:50:19 PM

FWIW, he would be immediately eligible if transferring down to a DII school, but would have to sit a year if he subsequently transfer back up to DI.

IWU?

VU2014

Random Question: Has anyone heard where Parker Hazen is going to be playing next season? He mentioned he hoped to stay D1 but last I heard JUCO or D2 was a possibility.

historyman

Quote from: VU2014 on June 13, 2018, 04:23:58 PM
Random Question: Has anyone heard where Parker Hazen is going to be playing next season? He mentioned he hoped to stay D1 but last I heard JUCO or D2 was a possibility.

http://www.goreivers.com/sports/mbkb/2018-19/bios/hazen_parker_bspj

The Reivers of Iowa Western are a junior college team in Council Bluffs, IA which is across the state line/Missouri River from Omaha, Nebraska.

Parker is averaging 10 points/game in the first 9 games.

Iowa Western is a community college with an enrollment of about 5,500.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

vu72

The evaluation of Parker as a D1 basketball player must rank right up there with Chris Halvorsen.   :(
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VUGrad1314

This wasn't Valpo's fault. Many universities were in on him and multiple recruiting services misevaluated him. That said I wish him the best and hope he rebounds and makes it back to D1.

M

No, it was Valpo's fault. Luckily they remedied the mistake quickly. Best of luck to him and good for him using his talent to get an education!

GoldenCrusader87

Good enough D-1 talent for Lipscomb to pick him up.....? Which is in a much better place than we are right now ...

VU2014

Quote from: GoldenCrusader87 on March 19, 2019, 07:52:52 PM
Good enough D-1 talent for Lipscomb to pick him up.....? Which is in a much better place than we are right now ...

I like Parker but I don't think Valpo will be kicking themselves about him leaving. I'm happy for him that he found a new home and hopefully he has a successful D1 career.