• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Recruiting from the Transfer Portal: Matt vs Bryce

Started by Just Sayin, April 19, 2021, 10:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FWalum

Quote from: Pgmado on April 19, 2021, 06:38:08 PM
Using recruiting rankings to talk about transfers is like when college juniors list their ACT on their resume. Who gives a  :censored:? The ACT got you to college, now what have you done with your life? Those recruiting rankings, if they ever mattered at all, mattered for about 20 minutes. Just saying.
Quote from: Just Sayin on April 19, 2021, 10:06:17 AM
There are 1392 transfers according to the latest from Verbal Commits.
Bryce's first year at GCU. Matt's fifth year at Valpo.

GCU commits ranked by star:

Star
Rank

4.3   SF   Taeshon Cherry   JR   8-Jun   210      Arizona State to   GCU
4   PF   Aidan Igiehon   SO   10-Jun   245      Louisville   to GCU
3   SG   Walter Ellis   JR   5-Jun   190      Bucknell to   GCU
2   PF   Yvan Ouedraogo   SO   9-Jun   260      Nebraska to   GCU

I couldn't agree with Paul more, this comparison means nothing. None of Bryce's kids set the world on fire at their previous schools. Heck, the 3 and 2 star players have better overall stats last year than the 4 star players. I'll take our kids from Wisconsin and Michigan State any day. Kithier started 14 games last year for Izzo, to me that is saying something, he scored and got his rebounds during the heat of the battle and not at mop up time. Our 2 D1 players played in more games last year then all 4 of Bryce's players. Bryce's 4 star players had a total last year of 40 points and 24 rebounds and you want to compare them to the other players that had fewer stars??? Really????
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

Just Sayin

All expert opinions aside, the beautiful thing is assuming all of Bryce's and Matt's portal transfers actually keep their commitment, next year we will no longer be able to deny the obvious because we will have facts to support the obvious. Even then, some on this board will come up with yet another excuse for being a Lottich apologist. To them if we have nine wins next year  then Matt will be making progress.  :crazy:

crusader05

Maybe we can all just put our thoughts about Matt and those that support/don't in our signatures and save everyone the extra time of typing it out every time they post