• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Lottich Now Has His Own MVCFans Forum Thread

Started by justducky, March 08, 2023, 06:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justducky

Valley fans are just as desperate for information as we are. The few of us who posted there irregularly pretty much quit when it sunk in how quickly our program had turned to crap. Go on over and comment. I think they would appreciate  whatever we can add.

may know

Nearly spit out my drink when someone defended Valpo by saying they thought we added air conditioning.

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully the situation improves.

historyman

Quote from: may know on March 08, 2023, 07:57:32 PM
Nearly spit out my drink when someone defended Valpo by saying they thought we added air conditioning.

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully the situation improves.

We didn't add air conditioning?I better stop spreading that rumor. We did add something to the ARC didn't we? Oh, yeah, Apathy!
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

VULB#62

I believe the AC was added only to the practice gym. As mentioned by a UNI poster on the MVC Lottich thread, a September VB match was held in 94* temps in the arena.

The major theme in this thread so far —> Valpo, the next Evansville. Big mistake.

vu72

To make things worse, of the three bottom feeders, Evansville returns their entire starting five while UIC loses one starter. Valpo on the other hand most likely is losing four starters with no open scholarships or thus ability to reload via the transfer portal.  This means we will almost undoubtedly be picked last come the next pre-season poll.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

Just Sayin

The MVC had two new teams with their rosters gutted and one with a new coach, the other with one returning starter and a few transers from the portal - these teams did just fine considering the circumstances. Why wouldn't Valpo be fine? We have a seasoned coach going into his 8th season. Not to worry. The spin machine and enablers will hit us with a barrage of positive stats as we have seen and heard. Just accept that. It is what it is.

wh

Quote from: Just Sayin on March 09, 2023, 10:52:19 AM
The MVC had two new teams with their rosters gutted and one with a new coach, the other with one returning starter and a few transers from the portal - these teams did just fine considering the circumstances. Why wouldn't Valpo be fine? We have a seasoned coach going into his 8th season. Not to worry. The spin machine and enablers will hit us with a barrage of positive stats as we have seen and heard. Just accept that. It is what it is.

Whom might that be? I thought I was the longest standing Matt Lottich supporter, and I finally gave up this season. The only difference of opinion that I'm aware of is whether the university should/will buyout his contract at the same time it's liquidating assets to raise cash. That aside, I'm not aware of anyone that isn't in favor of a new head coach.

usc4valpo

wh - not sure I agree. There may be some with great patience who want him here for moral reasons and can live with sub mediocrity.

tiny707

WH, Dot definitely is not in favor of a new head coach.

historyman

Quote from: usc4valpo on March 09, 2023, 04:08:04 PM
wh - not sure I agree. There may be some with great patience who want him here for moral reasons and can live with sub mediocrity.

I think this perfectly describes the VU board of directors and most of the VU faculty and students.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

VULB#62

A new thread has opened on MVCFans.  The topic is Another Alignment/Expansion Thread.

http://www.mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6021&start=10

The only reason I mention this is that Valpo is getting smacked around a bit here too. 

>> One poster speculates "if Valpo and Evansville left...."
>> "2017 Valpo - Clearly a mistake in my opinion. Now they're having financial issues it seems. Their facilities are awful."
>> Another says " the previous addition of Valpo is a complete failure at this point."

There are only 16 posts so far and no defenders.  But you can kinda see where this thread will continue to go vis. Valpo's reputation among MVC fans across the conference. 

elephtheria47

Theyre not wrong and I dont think we've hit bottom yet.

wh

Quote from: historyman on March 09, 2023, 11:12:37 PM
Quote from: usc4valpo on March 09, 2023, 04:08:04 PM

I think this perfectly describes the VU board of directors and most of the VU faculty and students.

I wasn't thinking that broadly. I'm sure you're correct if you include the entire constituency. In fairness, however, wouldn't that be the case at every university?

valpotx

I'm sorry, but some of the state schools in the MVC are talking about Valpo's financial troubles?  Several of them need to look in the mirror on that point.
"Don't mess with Texas"