• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Freeman Resigns

Started by vuweathernerd, March 15, 2012, 05:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo04

Quote from: Crusader03 on March 16, 2012, 11:36:44 AM
Quote from: valporun on March 16, 2012, 10:31:23 AM
I have noticed, ever since the board started having more talk about women's basketball, there have been a lot of threads or entries that have flip-flopped in the support of Keith's coaching or wishing for his removal, supporting the 6 woman roster we played most of the conference season with or wondering why we were only using 6 women in most games, and a lot of knowledge or questioning of the program.

Ultimately, I wish Keith the best wherever this decision to resign/being fired takes him. He is a great guy off the court, and really enjoys talking about his faith, and how it helped him keep composure during games or practices, though he did have his moments where he would lose composure during practice, but that's where the best coaching from one game to the next is done.

From me?  Sure.  I'm a competitor.  I want to see the girls succeed, and when they didn't I was flustrated.   But I also highly respect Keith.  AS MENTIONED MANY TIMES, I let my emotions get the best of me at times, but I ultimately have always come back to support Keith.

This board is really beginning to be too much.  No one (besides Jack) gave a crap about girls' basketball until I start posting.  Then, all of the sudden, it is trendy for everyone to have an opinion.  Everyone got on my coattails and that was fine...but it certainly is a major case of biting the hand that feeds you imhofwiw.  You can't have it both ways guys, and now, your comments VALPORUN may have caused everyone to lose---if I leave the board, I lose, you lose, the other posters lose and the girls' program loses.  I need to think on this but who knows if I will be back.

...and it looks like Crusader03 has taken his ball and gone home.

valpogal

FYI '03, the last time I checked we had a WOMEN'S basketball team and I would venture to guess that the folks who post here are concerned about the best interests of those WOMEN.

jack

I think there are plenty of folks here that care about the ladies program. If they didn't they wouldn't bother to voice their conerns, displeasures, or thoughts. I'm not sure where the suggestion came that Kirby was trying to get Keith out. Didn't happen. I'm also not sure where the idea came that the AD tried to keep Keith on board, or that Keith left on his own. Didn't happen.
As some have suggested, usually, when the head coach leaves, the entire staff hits the road. Most coaches want to bring in their own peeps, and build the program in that manner. I wouldn't be apposed to hanging on to an assistant or 2, but it's not likely. I also think the dynamics of the incoming recruites will change. A new coaching staff is almost always looking for something different then what's been arranged, they have very different ideas of what they need, and unless Valpo is obligated to any of the incoming players, don't be surprized if this changes too. Whoever takes over, unless from within, will have someone, not yet know to us, that they will work on getting on board. Let's hope it's a big or two! - My guess is some re-evaluation will be in order for the players we have that are unable to compete. We shall see.