• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Transfers 2020

Started by M, March 08, 2020, 07:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu72

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on April 30, 2020, 05:46:29 PMhe didn't have a ton to prove to himself at VU after this last season.

And the Player of the Year, A.J. Green does?  He WILL be a pro.  Javon, I don't know, is he athletic?  Absolutely.  Are anybody in the NBA AS athletic?  All of them.  This is about self-promotion or promotion as guided by others.  Witness the picture of him with the question mark on his chest.  Tacky for a guy who is suppose to be transferring for the benefit of his grandmother. Please.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

wh

Quote from: M on April 30, 2020, 05:08:16 PM
Why so we can do this all over again next summer?

I'm easy. Yes, I would be willing to do this all over again next summer.  ;)

VU2014

valpo64

Is this the "could be good news today" of which Paul speaks?

VU2014

so much for good news...

Chairback

Ryan medical waiver *a guess

wh

Quote from: Chairback on April 30, 2020, 09:04:47 PM
Ryan medical waiver

What!? Is this true?  If so, this is HUGE news! Absolutely huge! Ryan takes Javon's scholarship and we are right back in next year's hunt.

NotBryceDrew

I guessing that this good news is that they filled the roster spot and not that Ryan got a wavier.

valpotx

I would love it if Fazekas was able to come back, but not sure what that does for him.  Regardless, that dude seems like someone that lives and breathes Valpo, similar to Kiser, and would be a welcome sight versus those that seek greener pastures.
"Don't mess with Texas"

usc4valpo

If JFL goes to the DePaul mess, then he is a moron. The HH buffoon suggested he should transfer there.

valpo4life

After seeing Damezi both play and practice multiple times in high school, he is not a player I would want on our roster. Sure he has some talent, but he will be a liability for Loyola more than he is an asset.

VUGrad1314

If Ryan does get a waiver (and yes that would absolutely be huge news) I REALLY hope he stays healthy. He deserves a healthy full season more than pretty much anyone else in college basketball.

Or is the good news that Javon is apparently a big fan of The Clash and has reconsidered his decision to transfer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN1WwnEDWAM

VUBBFan

Quote from: usc4valpo on May 01, 2020, 06:06:06 AMIf JFL goes to the DePaul mess, then he is a moron. The HH buffoon suggested he should transfer there.
If you look at his Instagram, he's doing a lot of teasing/answering questions and says no to DePaul and hinting the school's colors he is considering is Purple. A Chicago school with the color purple is Northwestern. Says transferring was family personal reasons.

VALPO LI

Quote from: Chairback on April 30, 2020, 09:04:47 PM
Ryan medical waiver *a guess
Well played Chairback with the edit  ;)
For me the big news would be that we are putting the (pep) band back together!
https://youtu.be/24hB9Phwnnw
Shine on Vu

VUBBFan

Javon says he going to a purple school.

wh

Im going to hype the Ryan thing for all it's worth until it's no longer a thing. ;)

Did you know?
Ryan was the top 3-pt. shooter in college basketball this year at 49.5% (47-95). He needed to play in 75% of his team's games to officially qualify, which he didn't reach (played in 18; needed 25). The official winner shot 47-something. That still doesn't change the fact that he's the best in D-1 among 4000+ players.

vusupporter

Quote from: wh on May 01, 2020, 12:54:11 PM
Im going to hype the Ryan thing for all it's worth until it's no longer a thing. ;)

Did you know?
Ryan was the top 3-pt. shooter in college basketball this year at 49.5% (47-95). He needed to play in 75% of his team's games to officially qualify, which he didn't reach (played in 18; needed 25). The official winner shot 47-something. That still doesn't change the fact that he's the best in D-1 among 4000+ players.

I assume you checked on the other non-qualifiers from each of the other 350-ish teams, too?

humbleopinion

Paul Oren
@NWIOren
·
43s
Former Kansas State shooting guard Goodnews Kpegeol commits to Valparaiso. #MVCHoops
Beamin' Beacons

valpolaw

So the "good news" is that Goodnews Kpegeol is coming to VU?  I like that!  I'll take a guy who wants to be here over someone with one foot out the door any day.   

Also, if Javon is leaving to go to Northwestern, that seems pretty mind blowing and not very smart.  Northwestern is terrible.  They were 8-23 last year and 3-17 in conference

2020 truly is a strange time to be alive. 

valpo64

Perhaps I missed it somewhere along the line but I never heard of this guy.  Somebody please fill us in.

wh

Quote from: vusupporter on May 01, 2020, 01:04:51 PM
Quote from: wh on May 01, 2020, 12:54:11 PM

Did you know?

I assume you checked on the other non-qualifiers from each of the other 350-ish teams, too?

I never thought of that. Not that it matters now, but I just painstakingly went through the individual stats for 330+ D-1 programs and found 457 players who shot 50% or better from 3 but didn't qualify. I guess Ryan's accomplishment is no big deal after all.

humbleopinion

Paul Oren
@NWIOren
·
6m
Kpegeol was rated as the No. 71 shooting guard in his class by  @247recruiting

·
7m
Kpegeol hails from Minnesota. Went to prep school in Florida for a semester, signed with Kansas State in fall of '18, transferred to JUCO in Mississippi in spring of 19. Transfers to Valparaiso and will have three years of immediate eligibility. #MVCHoops
Beamin' Beacons