• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Sneak Attack Thread (As Commanded) Bradley Game

Started by historyman, February 20, 2023, 04:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

Bradley at Valpo MBB Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2023  6:00 pm Athletics Recreation Center

Yes, it's a sneak attack!

Just how it feels to the Bradley MBB team when they suddenly get surprised by a 2 man very talented duo that gets help from not one but two other players to actually glide to a win by outscoring the Braves in the 1st half by 14 and then making the same mistakes they always do but winning by 1 in an exciting finish.

Why not?
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

justducky

Quote from: historyman on February 20, 2023, 04:21:01 PMYes, it's a sneak attack!

Since it is never too soon to start a sneak attack should I try to tune in NBCSports Chicago Plus right now? Because it is senior night I will stay for the complete game even if we are down 50 at half time.  I promise.

historyman

Quote from: justducky on February 20, 2023, 04:44:33 PM
Quote from: historyman on February 20, 2023, 04:21:01 PMYes, it's a sneak attack!

Since it is never too soon to start a sneak attack should I try to tune in NBCSports Chicago Plus right now? Because it is senior night I will stay for the complete game even if we are down 50 at half time.  I promise.

you going to let us know what's on NBC Sports Chicago Plus right now?
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

justducky

Quote from: historyman on February 20, 2023, 05:42:08 PMyou going to let us know what's on NBC Sports Chicago Plus right now?

I could barely peel myself away to comment. Riveting viewing with Scottish Quadrathalon, followed by all my fishing show favorites. Valpo basketball could be a step down in quality for the hard core viewer!  ;)

historyman

Quote from: justducky on February 20, 2023, 07:25:18 PM
Quote from: historyman on February 20, 2023, 05:42:08 PMyou going to let us know what's on NBC Sports Chicago Plus right now?

I could barely peel myself away to comment. Riveting viewing with Scottish Quadrathalon, followed by all my fishing show favorites. Valpo basketball could be a step down in quality for the hard core viewer!  ;)

Honestly, Valpo Basketball could be a step down from Lindner's Angling Edge (an outdoor fishing religion program that fishes for fish and fishes for people-drawing them to salvation)

justducky

Looks like about 39 temp and 100% chance of raining when Bradley steps off the bus so coach Wardle should be safe from physicaly falling on the ice outside the ARC. Hopefully inside may be a different story.

If historyman wants this to be THE Bradley game thread then he should add Bradley to this title after the "Sneak Attack" so that somebody else doesn't inadvertently start a competing thread.

historyman

Quote from: justducky on February 21, 2023, 10:06:24 AMIf historyman wants this to be THE Bradley game thread then he should add Bradley to this title after the "Sneak Attack" so that somebody else doesn't inadvertently start a competing thread.

It's not till tomorrow/Wednesday you know.

valpopal

Talk about a "sneak attack"!

[tweet]1628451686988627970[/tweet]

justducky

Quote from: valpopal on February 22, 2023, 11:54:12 AM
Talk about a "sneak attack"!

[tweet]1628451686988627970[/tweet]

If the players, coaches and refs have to suit up in gas masks I would consider that as an addition to our regular home court advantage! :thumbsup: And we need all the help we can get!

Did I read somewhere that we will have both anthems? Did we do that senior night for Tevonn and Max? Can't remember. Somebody should post the words for O Canada so we can refresh our memories. I've never before sang either anthem in a gas mask but there is a first time for everything.       

Darius should know the words but can he sing?

AB

Valpo by 12. Bradley sits 4 starters. Load management.

justducky

Quote from: AB on February 22, 2023, 03:02:55 PM
Valpo by 12. Bradley sits 4 starters. Load management.

Our seeding at 9,10 or 11 means little or nothing. With Bradley and Drake tied at the top at 14-4 and meeting head to head in Peoria for the final game this should be much more important for them. Not sure how all the tie breakers play out but they could still guarantee the #1 seed by winning out and could guarantee a tie for 1st by losing tonight then beating Drake. Even ISUb has a slight chance of joining them in a 3 way tie. SIU and Belmont could also catch them. Long story short this is an important game for them. Wouldn't be shocked to see a nice Bradley crowd. I'm hoping so!

historyman

Quote from: justducky on February 22, 2023, 02:59:45 PMDid I read somewhere that we will have both anthems? Did we do that senior night for Tevonn and Max? Can't remember. Somebody should post the words for O Canada so we can refresh our memories. I've never before sang either anthem in a gas mask but there is a first time for everything.       

I do know the words to the Canadian National anthem by heart.

JD24

Quote from: valpopal on February 22, 2023, 11:54:12 AMTalk about a "sneak attack"! [tweet]1628451686988627970[/tweet]
When I first read this I read it as the players and coaches showed up early.

historyman

The game is still on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ARC has been deemed safe and has been reopened. Tonight's basketball game will take place as-scheduled. A big thank you to VUPD, facilities management, Valpo Fire, Porter County Fire, and Porter County Hazmat for rapidly responding to and resolving this issue.

Yellow graphic with Valpo logo in top right corner, a white exclamation point in the center of the graphic, and CAMPUS ALERT written across the graphic in brown.

tiny707

usc4valpo

I wish the South Park Worldwide Privacy Tour episode was on....

truth219

How many offensive rebounds is Bradley going to come down with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjjvalpo

At this rate, they will have 20 offensive rebounds.

tiny707

Ben and Kobe are exhausted. Too many minutes. Bayou can get the boards.

AB

This reminds me of Valpo dissecting the Penguins on the road the last few years in the HL

Dr. T

As predicted, another lackluster performance by the Beacons. Oh well. Kudos to a strong Bradley team. Thankful to see Ben's parents could attend the last (2) games. Despite the losses, at least they can enjoy seeing their son give it his all —34 pts v. UIC on Sunday and another solid performance tonight against a much better-quality opponent.

justducky

Quote from: historyman on February 22, 2023, 04:45:03 PMThe ARC has been deemed safe

From my seat it certainly didn't look like a safe place for the Beacons.

vu72

Quote from: Dr. T on February 22, 2023, 08:15:48 PMAs predicted, another lackluster performance by the Beacons.

Not really.  To play the best team in the Valley to 10 points is about as good as we can do with our team.  We just don't have the players to do any better.  Kudos to the guys for fighting till the end.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

usc4valpo

If Valpo wins the NCAA tournament, they are guaranteed not to have a 20 loss season.

historyman

Quote from: usc4valpo on February 23, 2023, 08:10:17 AM
If Valpo wins the NCAA tournament, they are guaranteed not to have a 20 loss season.

That would be a truly Lutheran/proportionally catholic miracle!

A greater upset than even Leicester City winning the Premier League.