• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

post trib website problems?

Started by StlVUFan, November 17, 2013, 06:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StlVUFan

I've been having serious problems with the post-trib website lately.  Anyone else?  A couple of times I was able to visit one article, but if I tried to visit a second one, it timed out on me.  Today, I get a message tell me I should contact my service provider.

Note: this is not behaving like a typical pay-wall situation where I'm not allowed to visit because I don't have a subscription.  This is "we can't find the web page you typed in your browser".  Just googled "post trib" and tried each link and got cryptic results.

bbtds

Quote from: StlVUFan on November 17, 2013, 06:59:50 PM
I've been having serious problems with the post-trib website lately.  Anyone else?  A couple of times I was able to visit one article, but if I tried to visit a second one, it timed out on me.  Today, I get a message tell me I should contact my service provider.

Note: this is not behaving like a typical pay-wall situation where I'm not allowed to visit because I don't have a subscription.  This is "we can't find the web page you typed in your browser".  Just googled "post trib" and tried each link and got cryptic results.

I tried it just to see and no issues at this time.

StlVUFan

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/  works, but clicking on sports or Colleges gives:

400 Bad request
Your browser sent an invalid request.

This just started happening a few days ago.  There's something weird going on.

That's with Firefox.  If I try with IExplorer, it's even weirder:  I get a Network Solutions website that says "this page is under construction", because "this domain is not registered yet."

bbtds

Quote from: StlVUFan on November 17, 2013, 09:05:49 PM
http://posttrib.suntimes.com/  works, but clicking on sports or Colleges gives:

400 Bad request
Your browser sent an invalid request.

This just started happening a few days ago.  There's something weird going on.

That's with Firefox.  If I try with IExplorer, it's even weirder:  I get a Network Solutions website that says "this page is under construction", because "this domain is not registered yet."
I'm using Chrome.

Valpo2010

http://voices.suntimes.com/news/sun-times-sites-hit-by-hack-on-vendor/

Sun Times Media websites were the victim of a hacker attack...could be the source of your problems as the Post-Trib is a Sun Times publication...

StlVUFan

Actually, I was able to navigate the site from my Android (although that was the mobile site).  I suspect part of it is my laptop on which I recently added McAfee Web protection.  There may be something where my system is being overly protective.

I just found the article posted on the Ohio game today from work.  Couldn't get to it from home.

agibson

Firefox has been working OK for me - I haven't noticed any particular problems.

I have noticed that the NWITimes mobile interface is way more pleasant than the Post Trib, on my iPod.  Much easier to navigate.

LaPorteAveApostle

huh...on my iPhone i would say the opposite.

...don't ask me why i check both papers still even though i've been away for more than 4 1/2 years and haven't lived there for more than a month at a time since 2006.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

agibson

Am I missing something?  I don't see anyway to get more stories in a section, to move to "other" sections/sub-sections (apart from those on the homepage), to search for stories, or to view the desktop version instead of the mobile version.

The NWITimes' home page may be uglier.  But, at least they make it easy it to navigate to the various sections and sub-sections.

Since we're on a sports forum - on the Times mobile version it's much easier to find a recent MBB story!