• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

WBB 2/9/13 @ Detroit

Started by jack, February 10, 2013, 10:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack

Certainly a tale of two games here. I felt we played as well as we can play in the first half. I also feel it's time to shake up the starting line up. We continue to start each and every game with 2 defensive minded guards. We should have had a 20pt advantage going into the half. Richards had a good game on the offense, but it isn't her game. When she shoots that much, there is a breakdown somewhere. We stagnate on offense when she's out there. Again, I like Richards. She's a hard worker, and plays well on defense, but we always give it up on offense whenever she's out there. She doesn't provide the spark it seems, and we dribble around far too much and, again, end up with some forced offense.
Charea - 2 for 10.  - That can not happen with a starting #2 guard. I say, bring her off the bench next outting and maybe it'll spark some offense. Carr went 2 - 2 yesterday. maybe we give her a shot and see if she can generate some O. I still think the O runs better with her on the floor. Didn't see Miller one time yesterday. Could be a dicipline issue, who knows. We needed a spark yesterday, but we didn't have the players in at crucial times to provide it. With 3 minutes left to go, we had 2 players that had hit the 3 in this game on the bench. It's time the coaching staff started looking outside the box.
Nice game from Liz. I thought she played well. I still think we need to get her in as a starter one game, give her a little confidence, and see what happens. She has the game, the coaches just need to realize it. This vanilla offense we run isn't working. Time for a shake up. How bad do you want it Dorow? The game we run is far too predictable.