• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Oakland Friday 1/2/2015 7:00 p.m. EST/6:00 p.m. CST O'rena

Started by bbtds, December 30, 2014, 09:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

a3uge

LaPorteAveApostle

I was under no impressions that we would get ANY benefit from the refs here.

I didn't think it would be so one-sided, though.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

a3uge

That foul on Vashil was a classic horizon league call. Uh he miss! Must be a foul!

Valpofan00

If we pull out of this place with a win, I'll be surprised. Playing horrible!!!

LaPorteAveApostle

we're actually playing not that bad for our first conference road game.  but the refs are really making it hard.

i'm not one to blow that horn unnecessarily, but this is ridiculous.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

a3uge

So we spend all night trying to find Peters down low in the post and the first time we find him, his shot gets blocked. Bryce's coaching is suspect this game.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

Man, Peters was crap in this game.  Bryce's last minute play calling was suspect as well.  This is a team we should have beaten by 8-10...
"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

That's probably it.  Remember we started conference 0-1 and ended up winning the whole league hosting the HL tournament. 
CRUSADERS!!!

a3uge

I wish HL refs called shoves on rebounds. How was that not a foul on Walker's putback

LaPorteAveApostle

yeah.  it's really bad that the last 9 minutes of this game (counting OT) are ending on a 23-8 run. 

And I don't think it was the case of "spent so much energy just getting back in it". 

We're the better team, but we didn't play like it.  If it were at home, I'd be apoplectic, but we're not going to win on the road that often.  Half the time would be excellent.

wh

LaPorteAveApostle

BRYCE BRINGING THE FIRE!

i like it.  but too little too late.

...we gonna have to dress chadwick to finish the game with 5 players?

valpotx

I know some of it was fouling in last minutes, but 41 FTs to 12 for Valpo.

Also, Petros still sucks.  He was 3/11 with 8 pts and 12 rbs.  He can get himself into position for rebounds, I will give him that, but I beg for him to shoot whenever he touches the ball.
"Don't mess with Texas"

wh

This is our worst loss in a long, long time over a team that won't finish in the top half of the HL.  But give Oakland credit.  This is the best game they've played all year.  We were totally out coached and out played.

Valpofan00

:censored: Oakland,  :censored: Kampe,  :censored: these Refs. Let's get out of the god damn Horizon League already!!!! >:(

WiscoCrusader

The result of this game is invalid.  A travesty.  41-12 free throws?  Horizon League should be ashamed.

You're right, we need to leave this league if we're ever going to feel like we didn't just suffer a mafia hit.

LaPorteAveApostle

KCarter hit the three to put us up 7, and I thought that'd've broken their backs.

Instead they end the game on a 31-10 run in 8 1/2 minutes, which is a pace of almost 160 points in a game. 

Defense let us down more than the offense.

Also the refs.

truth219

Alec Peters has to play better than this...that was an inexcusable loss.

LaPorteAveApostle

That's true.  He has had a very difficult week, though, so I'll give him a pass.

We need him to become the vocal leader that we always wanted Rowdy to be.  To call for the ball, to settle people, etc.

Can he be that guy or is that out of character, do we think?

Chairback

Refs could have called over the back on Oakland on the rebound at the end of regulation.

Also, Petros looks like more of a puss with the beard...

oklahomamick

Quote from: Valpofan00 on January 02, 2015, 08:17:43 PM
:censored: Oakland,  :censored: Kampe,  :censored: these Refs. Let's get out of the god damn Horizon League already!!!! >:(

We need to start winning the league on a regular basis. Currently we have won it 2 out of the last 3 years and that's a good start.  The only leagues we need to be looking for are with schools that are similar to us and get away form these commuter state schools.   
CRUSADERS!!!