• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Wright State Saturday 1/17/2015 6:00 PM CST (7:00 PM ET)

Started by Kyle321n, January 12, 2015, 02:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

Quote from: hailcrusaders on January 17, 2015, 05:21:49 PM
Saw on Twitter that Yoho is out for WSU

If that's accurate, it's a big loss for them.  Too lazy to look up his stats, but he is an effective scorer and good rebounder, as well. 

oklahomamick

They mentioned the big loss of Yoyo but no mention of Keith Carter or Lexus Williams. 
CRUSADERS!!!

wh

Terrible last 5 minutes.  Totally out of sinc on offense.  Not getting Peters the ball in a position he can score. For some reason Alec keeps falling down on shots, but not being fouled.  EVN needs to stop shooting 3's just because he's open.  He's not hitting from outside.  Oh, and we look terrible against the press because we have no one with any ball handling skills.

When is KC coming back?

wh

How in the world does Coach Brown not know that our name is pronounced Val-pa-RAISE-o, not RISE-o?  Wasn't he a college bb coach for a million years?  Also, his broadcast partner sitting 2 feet away from him has pronounced it correctly about 50 times by now.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

About 6 minutes into the game, we were up by 9-12.  I didn't think this was going to be much of a game.  However, we are in 4 minutes into the 2nd half down by 2. 

Peters not getting any looks and hasn't scored a fg.

E.Vick should not be running point. 
CRUSADERS!!!

wh

Win or lose, Bryce has got to get T. Walker involved in bringing the ball down the court.  This is just terrible.

a3uge

Love the charge call when Wright State guy is running parallel to Walker.

FWalum

T taking over down the stretch!!! Two really physical drives to the basket.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

oklahomamick

T. Walker getting to the rim.  He's getting fouled and bumped every time before he gets to the rim.  Refs could call it before the shot, however he's finishing at the rim.  Vashil isn't playing very well on the defensive side.  WSU lowers his shoulder and is getting position often. 
CRUSADERS!!!

beastkiller

Give the ball to T-train and get out his  way choo choo lol

oklahomamick

Did the announcer say there were 7,000 in attendance?  Good turnout. 
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

4-2.  So much better than 3-2. 

Vashil turned his offense up in the later part of 2nd half.  Ended up scoring well above his average.  T. Walker can penetrate the lane. 

I saw 2nd half, Bryce used the other guards to bring it up.  Once in the half court, he had E.Victor run the offense.  Good tactical change. 
CRUSADERS!!!

valpotx

See that several points are already listed here, so I will keep my theme going.  Another awesome game from Vashil!  I want the posters who said that he is a waste of a scholarship 2 seasons ago, last season, and gave up on him earlier this season, to eat crow and admit they were wrong :).  You know who you are, don't make me say it ;).
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUfan

Valpofan00

Quote from: valpotx on January 17, 2015, 08:03:10 PM
See that several points are already listed here, so I will keep my theme going.  Another awesome game from Vashil!  I want the posters who said that he is a waste of a scholarship 2 seasons ago, last season, and gave up on him earlier this season, to eat crow and admit they were wrong :).  You know who you are, don't make me say it ;).
Everytime he has a good game you bring this up. I feel bad enough dont rub it in. ;)

valpotx

See, doesn't that feel better? :)  Now I don't have to say it after each game he does really well.

Seriously though, I can't wait until KC comes back, as we look lost bringing the ball up.  If not for basically doubling up WSU in rebounds, we lose this game.  I can't tell because live stats wasn't working, but I have to think that we had 20 offensive rebounds.
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpopal

Valpo's size and strength inside compensated for the shaky ball handling at the point in the absence of Keith, as the 17 offensive rebounds balanced the 18 turnovers. The rematch at the ARC should be an interesting game if both teams are at full strength by then.

wh

Quote from: wh on January 17, 2015, 07:06:28 PM
How in the world does Coach Brown not know that our name is pronounced Val-pa-RAISE-o, not RISE-o?  Wasn't he a college bb coach for a million years?  Also, his broadcast partner sitting 2 feet away from him has pronounced it correctly about 50 times by now.

Aside from the mispronunciation, Brown is an outstanding color commentator - best in the HL hands down.  He's adds so much insight that casual fans wouldn't consider. The play-by-play announcer is very professional as well.  Good broadcast team...

govalpogo

I believe there is one more game to win in Ohio before getting to Wisconsin.  I will take credit for the win as I watched from about 6 minutes left in the first half and the first 5 minutes of the second half before turning the game off to let Valpo regain the lead.  I also turned it on to watch Alec miss a free throw and see WSU hit a three on the ensuing possession.  Made sure the game was over before checking in.  You are all welcome! ;D

Seriously though, get that toe better KC!  Everyone else keep scrapping for the W's!

bbtds

Quote from: wh on January 17, 2015, 07:06:28 PM

Friend of mine was playing a drinking game. Every time Coach Brown said "ValparaIso" he took a drink. My friend was drunk by halftime.

bbtds

Quote from: wh on January 17, 2015, 06:50:55 PM
Terrible last 5 minutes.  Totally out of sinc on offense.  Not getting Peters the ball in a position he can score. For some reason Alec keeps falling down on shots, but not being fouled.  EVN needs to stop shooting 3's just because he's open.  He's not hitting from outside.  Oh, and we look terrible against the press because we have no one with any ball handling skills.

When is KC coming back?

Now, weren't you the one that said we should be enjoying ourselves since our record is now 17-3?

valpopal

Another good game for Adekoya, who has been excellent in conference play. Though he only played 11 minutes, he had 7 points, grabbed 4 offensive rebounds, shot 3-4 from the foul line, and added an assist, while not committing any fouls or turnovers.

wh

Quote from: bbtds on January 17, 2015, 08:21:39 PM
Quote from: wh on January 17, 2015, 06:50:55 PM

When is KC coming back?

Now, weren't you the one that said we should be enjoying ourselves since our record is now 17-3?

Touche' my good man!  ;)

talksalot

Watched Nolan RPI again tonight...

Started at 90 this morning... we were at 94 by tip off... 1 minute before the final horn we had fallen to 97.  Next update... we jumped to 85, GB is 81.... Wright state fell all the way from 132 to 134.  Yoho Ho !!

BGSU beat Ball State 58-46
Stony Brook Embarrassed Maine... 82-39... not a typo
VMI beat ETSA 85-79
Tennessee beat Missou 59-51
Southern Univ 70 Ark-PB 60

lone bright spots
Drake Upsets Indiana State 84-78
Eastern Kentucky beats SUIE 78-62

Murray State up 19 at the half on Tennessee State
IPFW up 3 at the half at the MaBee Center :))))
JMU UP 3 at the half against Elon

Portland vs. Pepperdine shortly.