• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo @ Green Bay - Friday 1/23/15, 8pm CT

Started by vufan75, January 21, 2015, 08:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

Quote from: Pgmado on January 23, 2015, 05:18:28 PM
Man, when did Valpo fans get so angry about everything? I think many of the posters on here need to watch this. Pay particular attention to the part about "we never beat our chests" and "we didn't scare so easily."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zqOYBabXmA

Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists

StlVUFan

Man, when did Valpo fans get so angry about everything? I think many of the posters on here need to watch this. Pay particular attention to the part about "we never beat our chests" and "we didn't scare so easily."

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

wh

Kampe disciples to the rescue of the Oakland troller.  ::)

justducky

Quote from: HC on January 23, 2015, 05:32:28 PMCan the game start so everyone can go back to complaining about the refs?
Which reminds me that I was the sole supporter of last years @ GB ref crew. If the game goes as poorly tonight as that one did let me suggest ahead of time that you take the time to watch it replayed (and portions re-replayed) before you join with the lynch mob. The more I watched those replays the better I liked the ref crew and the less I liked some of you folks.

Here is how I remember your reactions to a fair, even but not perfectly called game---  Waaa  :'(     Waa   :'(  We didn't get our way!!!  sniffle, sniffle!

Valpofan00

You guys probably shouldn't have been so mean to Grizz because if we loose he's gonna try really hard to hurt our feelings.  :( even more than he did earlier.  ;)

webbvufan

+1  :thumbsup:

wh

Now that I'm done with the troller, I don't like our chances in this game without KC. To beat an athletic team with the best point guard in the league without any point guards just seems an almost overwhelming challenge. It would be great to win this game, but it won't be the end of the world if we don't. GB 69 Valpo 63. Obviously, I hope I'm wrong.

chipper955

oklahomamick

I'm with you WH, don't think this is our time. 

If we would have played Maryland, michigan st. And Pittsburgh we would have a better chance.  Jk, jk grizz. 
CRUSADERS!!!

bbtds

For those playing the drinking game. I've already heard one "ValparaIso."

Valpofan00

Am I wrong again if I say Alec is player poorly the first 8 minutes?

oklahomamick

Game changes a little when Vashil isn't on the floor. 
CRUSADERS!!!

LaPorteAveApostle

Life is funny.

If they'd told us we'd be up 2 at half on the road at UWGB, we'd've taken it.

But after the second half of a first half like that...it feels like a bad deal instead.

Well, we weren't going to shoot 70% all day ; )
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

Valpofan00

It's good to see us leading with hitting only 2 threes

oklahomamick

Could have been valpo by 6 or so.  Jabiru missed a bunny and had an open lane but lost control of the pass.  Would be nice to steal one on the road.  I think Green Bay will bring more defensive pressure and energy in the second.  Why was Vashil off so long at the end of the 2nd half?
CRUSADERS!!!

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 23, 2015, 09:01:46 PMWhy was Vashil off so long at the end of the 2nd half?
Fouls, guessing.   But I hate the move because benching him so long effectively fouls him out anyway.  If he got 3, sure, sit him, but I just hate the "get 2 fouls bench him" move.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

rink

EVN's shake, bake, and throw down was a thing of beauty. I also wondered why Vashil was off the floor so long. Worried that GB's shooting wakes up.

rink

Strange offensive game plan this half. Go inside, fart around, lose the ball. We flat out suck this half, 7 minutes in.

oklahomamick

Bad second half.  Spread the court a little....
CRUSADERS!!!

LaPorteAveApostle

every possession has been a slog this half--on both sides.

certainly doesn't say much about peters for him to pass up a shot with a few seconds on the clock to force EVN to shoot from half court.

...either he doesn't know the game situation, or he needs to learn to be The Man.

Nice drive by EVN.

rink

16 minutes into the second half, we still flat out suck. We're playing like slow, clueless children. Really ugly stuff. Can't believe we only trail by 1.

LaPorteAveApostle

Well, having one timeout in the pocket would've really helped there.

(Of course, the other ones didn't exactly result in tic-tac-toe plays either.)

Eh, they were supposed to win.  Entertaining game...we'll get them next time.

Valpofan00

I'm about to rage. Why was Alec on the court so much he was God awful. What a bad shot at the end. I would've wanted Tevonn or Darien to take it.

valpotx

Man, terrible coaching job by Bryce the entire second half, and terrible shot selection on the drives, when they were blocking everything.  Bryce got outcoached by the coach that wants his players to crap their pants.

Also, Grizz, you went to Oakland University, I don't think that you should be speaking about being able to read.  When you graduate from a school with a good academic reputation, then you can speak ;)
"Don't mess with Texas"