• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo @ UIC - Saturday 1/31/15, 2PM

Started by covufan, January 29, 2015, 12:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo4life

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on January 31, 2015, 09:13:38 PM
Quote from: wh on January 31, 2015, 08:54:22 PMJust got home and find that we're engaged in a debate about who has the best academic reputation?  Really?
wh, THIS is what happens when they take video away from us.

artist's rendering of what happens

ANIMALS i tell you ANIMALS

And our new two games are not on ESPN3 as well, so we knows what may happen. I attempted to watch this afternoon's Oakland at YSU game and it sent me to the same page for American Sports Network as it did for our game yesterday with the exact same result. I fear that we won't be able to live stream either game this upcoming week  :'(

oklahomamick

Our Detroit game on Wednesday is being aired by espn 3
CRUSADERS!!!

usc4valpo

Wow, I never thought there were any worse basketball facilities than Hilltop - there were some famous dead spots and wear on that floor. Back in the 80's there were 2 facilities that were worse - Loyola's Alumni Gym and St. Joe's barn.

At first glance, Hilltop reminded me of the gym Gabe Kaplan and his great Cadwalader team played host to in the movie Fast Break...

valpo4life

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 01, 2015, 12:20:12 PM
Our Detroit game on Wednesday is being aired by espn 3

If you look at all the Horizon league games that night on espn.com, the other two games are listed as ESPN3. Our game currently is not.

oklahomamick

I don't think it would be listed there until the day of.  If that was the case, the Kansas/Iowa St. game is not being aired by espn and that just doesn't make since.  I'm pretty sure it will be on espn3. 
CRUSADERS!!!

valpo4life

I agree. Just kind of weird to see the other two Horizon games already have the ESPN3 indicated in the box, but not our game even though it's listed on WatchESPN.

Valpofan00

Quote from: chipper955 on February 01, 2015, 09:23:20 AM
Anyone else at the game who was disappointed by the lack of noise the Valpo fans were making?  For the number of Valpo fans there were at the game I thought they would have made more noise than what there was.  The UIC fans got pretty loud a couple of times, but not much from Valpo, at least where I was sitting.
Probably the people that sit in the chair backs. They're never loud.

agibson

Quote from: valporun on January 30, 2015, 10:32:13 AM
I just did some looking, and the game will be online at: http://www.americansportsnet.com/schedule?date=2015-02-06 It will be archived there, but not sure how soon after the game? Also, check your local listings for any sports channels that may carry the game.

Man - _still_ no replay.  They have replays for some of _today's_ games already posted.

But, for only one of the five games they aired yesterday - and not ours.

Actually, for the Oakland-YSU game today.  They have an archive posted... but only of the second half?

Seems like a pretty suspect operation.  No ESPN3, for sure.  And feeling more like early-years HLN than recent years.

If anyone happens to see a (the?) replay link, perhaps you could PM it to me?  I've managed to avoid game details thus far... (Even if my mother did tip the W; even if that wasn't much in doubt.  But, I don't know the score!).

circle70

Sorry to get in on this so late, but I think everyone is missing the boat on the academic discussion.  This isn't about which is the better school.  It's about schools making academic concessions for their jocks.  UIC refuses to do it (no PE majors, "basket weaving" courses, etc). Other schools in the HL do.  I know for a fact that several quality mid-major recruits couldn't meet the academic standards for UIC and went to other HL schools.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

vu72

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 01, 2015, 08:23:53 PM
The HL website also says our game vs. Detroit will be aired on espn3.  I think we are good. 

http://www.horizonleague.org/schedule.html?live=1&sport_id=&teams%5B%5D=8&commit=Filter+Items

Not sure what your point might be.  Virtually all of our games are on ESPN3.  Now, if we made it to the ESPNU, as we did with the GB game, then, we are getting attention.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

FWalum

Sent my feedback on the American Sports Network to the HL.  Lets see if I get a response. Really wanted to rage and rant but I kept it under control and professional.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

oklahomamick

Quote from: vu72 on February 02, 2015, 07:20:38 AM
Quote from: oklahomamick on February 01, 2015, 08:23:53 PM
The HL website also says our game vs. Detroit will be aired on espn3.  I think we are good. 

http://www.horizonleague.org/schedule.html?live=1&sport_id=&teams%5B%5D=8&commit=Filter+Items

Not sure what your point might be.  Virtually all of our games are on ESPN3.  Now, if we made it to the ESPNU, as we did with the GB game, then, we are getting attention.

The point is that we will be able to watch it.  There was optimism that it wasn't going to be on espn3 because it wasn't showing up.  One of the bloggers thought it was going to be another UIC game where we could not watch it. 
CRUSADERS!!!

bbtds

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 02, 2015, 08:20:10 AMThe point is that we will be able to watch it.  There was optimism depression and utter disgust that it wasn't going to be on espn3 because it wasn't showing up.  One of the bloggers thought it was going to be another UIC game where we could not watch it.