• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Opponent Games and Scores

Started by talksalot, November 15, 2015, 09:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agibson

Quote from: a3uge on January 16, 2016, 03:28:00 PM
Entertaining game between Detroit and Oakland. Virtually no defense.

Nice of them to keep the video feed going for the McCallum post-game.

talksalot

Sunday 1/17.... as good as things were on Saturday... things could go very wrong on Sunday...

Iona @ Rider  (No word about any suspensions on either IONA or MAAC websites from the fight)
Indiana State @ Wichita State
Oregon @ Colorado
Oregon State @ Utah

Monday 1/18
UIC @ Cleveland State
Detroit @ Wright State

Tuesday 1/19
Kent State @ Ball State
Northern Kentucky @ Oakland
Green Bay @ Chicago State

talksalot

Sunday 1/17... er uh... things are not looking so good...With two in the books and two underway, we've fallen from 17 to 19 in the RPI and SOS is down to 86

The Wisconsin win over Michigan State helps Valpo's RPI more (with Milw and GBay both playing Wisc; only Oakland playing Michigan State)

Before the two PAC12 games go final, Oregon's RPI is 6 and OSU's is 38....Colorado is 31 and Utah is 34.

and I'm modifying this after the Ducks game... Beavers up 26-16 with 5:00 to play first half.  Now the Ducks have fallen to #9 in the RPI and Colorado is up to #24.

and after the Beaver's Game... They fall to #40, Utah #29

and Valpo's RPI falls to #21... 8:15pm Central.   
9:35pm central, the RPI stays at #21, but the SOS has fallen to #96 !

Rider 79 Iona (9-8) 75
Wichita State 82 Indiana State (10-8) 62
Colorado 91 Oregon (14-4) 87... ducks out-rebounded 44-28; Buffs 25-32 from the line.
Utah 59 Oregon State (11-5) 53

Yuppo !  All 4 opponents go DOWN....

a3uge

Iona losing sucks. Anyone know how many were suspended from the Monmouth game?

Oregon State up 11 on the road at half vs Utah.

talksalot

Only Washington was suspended for the Gaels... two games... today was #1.... see above post :)

Interesting article was it a "slap" or a Left Jab?  either way, ugly.

agibson

Quote from: a3uge on January 17, 2016, 08:20:04 PMIona losing sucks. Anyone know how many were suspended from the Monmouth game?

At #270 Rider.  Ugh.

I've not heard that the MAAC has weighed - more suspensions, fines, or other consequences seem possible.  Then again, I'm not sure they'd issue a statement saying "We're declining to take action."  So, who knows?

talksalot

Watching the train wreck that is Oregon State at Utah... I've never seen a Flagrant-2 called like that...intentionally tripping the official after a missed non-call.

and the Beavers have just collapsed, blowing a 14-point lead... and missing layup after layup...a few blown calls going against them...

vu72

But Wisconisn (who was bear by Milwaukee) beat #3 Michigan State.  That's got to be a positive right?
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpotx

That Oregon State game had a terrible ending for us.  What in the world was Reid thinking?  He just bought himself a several game suspension from the Pac-12. 

Iona wasn't much better.  That Rider team was pretty bad, and Iona just couldn't stop them in the last 10 minutes.
"Don't mess with Texas"

talksalot

Here's the link to what happened in the Oregon State game...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25453133/video-oregon-state-loses-at-utah-after-player-trips-ref-gets-ejected

Note:  Reid had 4 fouls before this whole thing happened, so he would have been done even for the flagrant 1 which also counts as a personal foul.... but still... Not a smart play

truth219

What a loser

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

wh

What a pathetic apology. It's obvious that he was doing nothing more than reading an apology written by some athletic dept. PR person. "First and foremost" he wants to apologize to everyone but the official he intentionally tripped. As close as he gets is an afterthought apology to "the officials."  Then there's the classic "he's only 22" immature judgement excuse. Yeah, he's 22, not 13. He's been playing basketball for how many years now?  Everyone who has ever played any sport at any level knows that touching an official is like pulling the fire alarm at school as a prank. You don't ever do it!  The only place that 22 is considered still a kid is in college. At least no one is playing the victim card - yet. Nothing about no one at home to teach him that tripping a ref is wrong, or that the ref is a symbol of oppression of the power elite that he was just reacting to in the only way he could.

agibson

Enh, liberals can pile on a tripper too.  Did you follow the reporter in Hungary?

SanityLost17

Quote from: wh on January 18, 2016, 05:00:22 PM
What a pathetic apology. It's obvious that he was doing nothing more than reading an apology written by some athletic dept. PR person. "First and foremost" he wants to apologize to everyone but the official he intentionally tripped. As close as he gets is an afterthought apology to "the officials."  Then there's the classic "he's only 22" immature judgement excuse. Yeah, he's 22, not 13. He's been playing basketball for how many years now?  Everyone who has ever played any sport at any level knows that touching an official is like pulling the fire alarm at school as a prank. You don't ever do it!  The only place that 22 is considered still a kid is in college. At least no one is playing the victim card - yet. Nothing about no one at home to teach him that tripping a ref is wrong, or that the ref is a symbol of oppression of the power elite that he was just reacting to in the only way he could.

Jeez! haha  Mix yourself up a rum and coke, sit back and enjoy the game tonight.  You need to get your blood pressure back down to a reasonable level. 

talksalot

Monday 1/18 - so again, both of our already-played opponents go down...
no helping the RPI here !

Cleveland State (7-13)  70 UIC (2-15) 53
Wright State (10-8) 77 Detroit (9-7) 76

talksalot

Tuesday 1/19
Kent State @ Ball State - Cardinals giving 5 points at home
Northern Kentucky @ Oakland - Grizzlies giving 15 points at home
Green Bay @ Chicago State - Phoenix giving 7.5 on the road

Wednesday 1/20
Missouri State @ Drake
Indiana State @ Southern Illinois
UCLA @ Oregon State

Thursday 1/21
North Dakota State @ IPFW
Grand Canyon @ Chicago State
Southern Cal @ Oregon
Belmont @ Tennessee-Martin

Friday 1/22
UIC @ Northern Kentucky
St.Peters @ Iona
Rhode Island @ George Washington

Saturday 1/23 
Ball State @ Eastern Michigan
Oakland @ Green Bay
Utah Valley @ Chicago State
Detroit @ Milwaukee
UCLA @ Oregon
Tennessee State @ Belmont
IUPUI @ IPFW

wh

NKU is up by 2 over Oakland at Oakland at the half.  Oakland's interior defense is horrible.  There are times when NKU's guy underneath is being totally unguarded. Oakland is literally giving away baskets.  Kampe was interviewed at the end of the half and expressed complete frustration over the unwillingness to play hard at home. 

oklahomamick

NKU lead was at 12 but has been cut to 7.  I feel the momentum has shifted back to the home team and they have plenty of time to turn it around.  NKU is not attacking the basketball and settles for bad shots at the end of shot clock. 
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

Here we go again....Kampe wants a 5 minute review party and stops momentum. 
CRUSADERS!!!

Valpower

Just "wow".  They're going to lose and I'm not sure how I feel. On the one hand, I get to be snarky about Felder getting his 20 points, but on the other, I want things to make sense.

oklahomamick

Quote from: Valpower on January 19, 2016, 08:03:39 PMJust "wow".  They're going to lose and I'm not sure how I feel. On the one hand, I get to be snarky about Felder getting his 20 points, but on the other, I want things to make sense.

We want Oakland to win and have the highest RPI they can get.  No hope on NKU RPI.
CRUSADERS!!!

Valpower

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 19, 2016, 08:05:59 PM
Quote from: Valpower on January 19, 2016, 08:03:39 PMJust "wow".  They're going to lose and I'm not sure how I feel. On the one hand, I get to be snarky about Felder getting his 20 points, but on the other, I want things to make sense.

We want Oakland to win and have the highest RPI they can get.  No hope on NKU RPI.
We want the two teams we are likely to play in the tournament to have the highest RPI (since we'll play the other conference foes twice apiece) but I'm not sure Oakland will make it that far.

oklahomamick

Quote from: hailcrusaders on January 19, 2016, 08:11:05 PM
Quote from: oklahomamick on January 19, 2016, 08:05:59 PM
Why does the Oakland RPI matter more if in the long run, we're going to play (and presumably beat) each team twice? We want Oakland to win and have the highest RPI they can get.  No hope on NKU RPI.

I'm assuming that's who we will play in the finals.  Despite the bad loses, they have a high ceiling.  Also they will play their best game against us.  They overachieve against us.
CRUSADERS!!!