• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game 11: @ Chicago State 12/11/15

Started by talksalot, December 09, 2015, 08:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talksalot

Here are their stats year to date... most promising number:  Average Home Attendance is 406

http://www.gocsucougars.com/cumestats.aspx?path=mbball&year=2015&

and here is the complete list of their D1 wins this year:

Same list... alphabetized:

Their Starting Line-up in their last game against DePaul (Lost by 24)

Jawad Adekoya From Tinley Park Illinois 6-6 Senior, 17 points 2 rebounds
Quron Davis, 6-10 Jr,  10 points 7 rebounds
Elliott Cole, 5-11 Guard, 9 points 6 rebounds
Trayvon Palmer 6-5, Fwd 4 points 3 rebounds
Joshua Batson, 6-0 Guard, 4 points 4 rebounds

Fred Sims Jr, 6-4 Guard off the bench for 32 minutes, 22 points, 6 rebounds

They have one other player over 6-6, and he played the last 3 minutes of the game.... and got nothing by 2 fouls!

a3uge

They should have probably beat Illinois, which is lol. This game will tank our RPI and SOS.

talksalot

Playing UIC TWICE will hurt more... their RPI is an atrocious 344... and they have 4 more OOC losses coming up to Illinois, Illinois State, Loyola and Northern Illinois...

bbtds

Quote from: talksalot on December 09, 2015, 08:55:33 PM
Jawad Adekoya From Tinley Park Illinois 6-6 Senior, 17 points 2 rebounds

Are Jawad and Jubril related?

Valpower

justducky

Looks like the tickets might be gone. Does anybody care to speculate on how many are in VU fans hands?

talksalot

Heads-up warning... this is another of those games where historically we have not done as well as others.   Game #11 of the season, we are 14-15 in the past 29 seasons.... one of the few we are still below .500...Three straight D1 2-point losses in game #11 of the season.

Last year... we beat Trinity Intl 79-54...
two years ago... we lost at HOME to St.Louis (still hurts) 67-65
three years ago... we lost at Oakland 70-68
four years ago...we lost at HOME to Oakland 82-80

Need to get up and stay up!! 

agibson

Quote from: Valpower on December 09, 2015, 09:22:43 PM
Yes, along with another;  Jabbar, Jawad, and Jubril are brothers.

Cool! The announcers were pronouncing it a little differently than Todd does, but I'd noticed the similar name on the DePaul telecast.

I figure the game's worth scheduling just for that. A sort of homecoming/family matchup for Jubril. Hopefully he's feeling better and can play more significant minutes.

At least the game's on the road.  Not as good for our fans, but it won't hurt our RPI as much as some home HL games.

Of course, we'd better win!

agibson

Looks like there will be a video stream, via WAC Sports.  (WAC!)  Not sure about an archive.

I'd consider taking the road trip, but Advent Christmas Vespers is on.  (And soccer practice, besides.)

I'm not well set up to record WVUR currently... Might resort to "leave the phone, recording, by the radio".

agibson

Valpower

Quote from: agibson on December 10, 2015, 12:05:37 PM
Cool! The announcers were pronouncing it a little differently than Todd does, but I'd noticed the similar name on the DePaul telecast.

I figure the game's worth scheduling just for that. A sort of homecoming/family matchup for Jubril. Hopefully he's feeling better and can play more significant minutes.

At least the game's on the road.  Not as good for our fans, but it won't hurt our RPI as much as some home HL games.

Of course, we'd better win!
I never missed that game when I lived in Chicago.  It was a nice treat for Chicago-area Valpo fans like me that were used to making that hair-raising race to get to Valparaiso before 7:15 PM tip-off.  Plus it was practically a home game as far as fan representation.

agibson

Quote from: agibson on December 10, 2015, 12:38:02 PM
Looks like there will be a video stream, via WAC Sports.  (WAC!)  Not sure about an archive.

Apparently no archive.  They say they're considering archives, but at first probably only for the championship (tournament? game?).

Might be "phone recording the radio broadcast".

covufan

We need to stay healthy, and find some combo's on offense that work.  After the first half last night I was thinking "don't take that 2-pointer - step out and take a 3!"

Valpo   78
Chi St   54

vu84v2

Valpo 81 Chicago State 59

Attendance: 749

covufan

Quote from: vu84v2 on December 11, 2015, 09:31:04 AMAttendance: 749
I'll take the under, but not by much.  I like this guess!

VUfan

Play Hard help Defense and the game is easy if not we make it hard. VU 78 CSU 62

Smj

I am leaving in about 30 minutes to start traveling to the game. ...   I am getting tickets at the door - I guess.   

Is Tevonn still out?  Like to see us find our offense early. ...  That is something Tevonn seemed to do for us quite often.

Go Valpo!

Smj

Quote from: covufan on December 11, 2015, 10:02:21 AM
Quote from: vu84v2 on December 11, 2015, 09:31:04 AMAttendance: 749
I'll take the under, but not by much.  I like this guess!
700 vu fans
49 csu fans

I hope. ....

Go Valpo!

hailcrusaders

Quote from: Smj on December 11, 2015, 03:07:46 PMI am leaving in about 30 minutes to start traveling to the game. ...   I am getting tickets at the door - I guess. Is Tevonn still out?  Like to see us find our offense early. ...  That is something Tevonn seemed to do for us quite often. Go Valpo!

If Tevonn was out Wednesday, I'd be quite surprised if we see him tonight against an opponent such as CSU. Someone (agibson?) mentioned in the In. St. game thread that he heard Tevonn may be out another week yet... Have not heard anything official for this evening, however.
#CrusadersForever

ValpoFan

I hate playing those games where win or lose, your RPI will go down  :(

vu72

Quote from: Smj on December 11, 2015, 03:07:46 PM
I am leaving in about 30 minutes to start traveling to the game. ...   I am getting tickets at the door - I guess.   

Is Tevonn still out?  Like to see us find our offense early. ...  That is something Tevonn seemed to do for us quite often.

Go Valpo!

Bryce mentioned is his weekly preview that Tevonn had practiced a couple of days and that he was a game time decision against Ind State.  My guess is he won't play as most likely he won't be needed and to give him a few more days of rest.  If he is pretty solid I would think he may get a few minutes just ot get his game legs under him prior to our next game where he will be needed.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

motowntitan

This is like your Kobayashi Maru, basically a no win scenario.

Valpo 90 Chi-State 55

wh

Less than 100 people here - including players and coaches. No students. No band.

Nice venue.