• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

The Detroit Trip -- Games 15 and 16

Started by VULB#62, January 04, 2016, 10:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

rink

I'm not always the biggest Drew fan, but Kampe's embarrassing belligerence is making me thankful for what we've got.

agibson

Kay Felder looks exhausted.

By the way, who does the vines? We *totally* need one of Tevonn save from out of bounds.

A three-pointer retrospective would also be nice! Career high!

a3uge

Quote from: agibson on January 08, 2016, 07:59:36 PM
Kay Felder looks exhausted.

By the way, who does the vines? We *totally* need one of Tevonn save from out of bounds.

A three-pointer retrospective would also be nice! Career high!
Will have them tonight or tomorrow - couldn't watch the game from home tonight

rink

Tevonn, please don't throw up a contested floater, with all your teammates trailing you, with 25 seconds left on the shot clock, when we're trying to close out a win on the road with 2:30 to go.

Valpower

Quote from: rink on January 08, 2016, 08:02:56 PM
Tevonn, please don't throw up a contested floater, with all your teammates trailing you, with 25 seconds left on the shot clock, when we're trying to close out a win on the road with 2:30 to go.
Shut the front door, rink.  ;D

valpotx

Talk about a grade-A @$$ kicking :).  We owned them in all areas of the game, and made Felder look like a middle school chucker.  Great win, and fun to watch!
"Don't mess with Texas"

VULB#62

:o  "Vashil shall score 50 layups in a row from a lead pass in practice tomorrow or he will have to do the team's laundry."   Thats a quote from Bryce in the post game presser.

;D Great win.  Lots of ESPN2 Kudos.  ;D

agibson

Oakland looked exhausted at the end.  They finally got a bucket, how long was their scoring drought?

Dominant win for Valpo. A little sloppy on the ball handling - playing a bit faster pace than usual.

What, 10-15% chance of Valpo sweeping the Horizon?  Could happen?  They've shown they can do it, at this point. Now it's a matter of injuries, and consistency.

agibson

Quote from: valpotx on January 08, 2016, 08:10:01 PM
Talk about a grade-A @$$ kicking :).  We owned them in all areas of the game, and made Felder look like a middle school chucker.  Great win, and fun to watch!

Tevonn career record for points. Kay Felder career record for field goal _attempts_.

rink

Very good win. Blowout on the road against a good team. Impressive D, great job on the boards. If we can straighten out the ball security thing, we just might be dangerous nationally, after all.

VULB#62

Quote from: agibson on January 08, 2016, 08:11:51 PM
What, 10-15% chance of Valpo sweeping the Horizon?  Could happen?  They've shown they can do it, at this point. Now it's a matter of injuries, and consistency.

Lets just beat Detroit on Sunday.

FOCUS   FOCUS   FOCUS

hailcrusaders

Quote from: agibson on January 08, 2016, 08:12:34 PM
Quote from: valpotx on January 08, 2016, 08:10:01 PMTalk about a grade-A @$$ kicking :) .  We owned them in all areas of the game, and made Felder look like a middle school chucker.  Great win, and fun to watch!
Tevonn career record for points. Kay Felder career record for field goal _attempts_.

Felder was held to 4 free throw attempts, so 2 trips from the line (how many did he have last year?). When he gets to the line more, his missed FGs don't count statistically, there's your difference maker.
#CrusadersForever

agibson

Quote from: agibson on January 08, 2016, 12:28:44 PMEvery time Valpo holds their opponent to 64 or less, they win?  Might work for 65, or even 68...

That one works 11-0, but it's not very satisfying.  Hard to have any confidence that you're going to stick to that number until the final buzzer.

3-0 when Tevonn scores 15 or more (Oregon State, Missouri State, Iona)
I wouldn't want to pin my hopes on it, but that could work tonight...

3-0 when Shane its at least four rebounds (Oregon State, Iona, Chicago State).

First one basically worked, we've won every game where we've held out opponents to 67 or less. 12-0.

Second one worked in spades, 4-0 when Tevonn's at 15+. (Oregon State, Missouri State, Iona, Oakland!)

We'll set that Shane rebound thing aside.

agibson

Quote from: rink on January 08, 2016, 08:12:57 PM
Very good win. Blowout on the road against a good team. Impressive D, great job on the boards. If we can straighten out the ball security thing, we just might be dangerous nationally, after all.

From rink, this is flabbergasting.

oklahomamick

Quote from: agibson on January 08, 2016, 08:11:51 PMWhat, 10-15% chance of Valpo sweeping the Horizon?  Could happen?  They've shown they can do it, at this point. Now it's a matter of injuries, and consistency.

Don't. 
CRUSADERS!!!

bbtds

Quote from: rink on January 08, 2016, 08:02:56 PM

I think he made up for that rather unintelligent play with other plays tonight. I'll let him have that one.

a3uge

talksalot

Yippee ... We Won... Great !  Exhale... Enjoy Dinner...

One at a time....

Titans in 42 hours... and they are up 20-4 on UIC at Calihan where they have (about to) won 12 in a row.

Go back in the locker room and watch the UDM game on ESPNU

vu72

so who did they think they were playing? Michigan State??  What a dominating win.  As I predicted, our size really caused them problems.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

agibson

[tweet]685650444740333569[/tweet]

They did say something about a 103 degree fever... (Two games in a row? Needs some bed rest!)

valpotx

I understand what he is trying to do, but that had nothing to do with coaching.  Valpo is just a better team with more talented players.
"Don't mess with Texas"

wh

Quote from: justducky on January 08, 2016, 02:55:07 PM
Quote from: wh on January 08, 2016, 01:19:59 PMHolding them in the 60's tonight will almost assure a victory. A game in the middle 70's or higher becomes far more iffy.
I am not predicting disaster but a game in the mid 70's or lower will surprise me and one in the 60's would almost be a shock!  As good as our defense is Oakland knows how to score the ball in a hurry.

I expect us to trail for much of this ballgame.

Do you have anything for yourself, ducky?

agibson

Quote from: valpotx on January 08, 2016, 08:36:20 PM
I understand what he is trying to do, but that had nothing to do with coaching.  Valpo is just a better team with more talented players.

Totally. I see my post could have been misread. I meant to say that his _presser_ sounded fever-addled. Not that his feverish coaching let his team down.

nkvu

A pleasure to watch. The team really showed what they are capable of. If they bring it like this every game they will be very, very tough to beat. Time to show it by coming out tough again on Sunday.