• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2/21/16 Detroit at the ARC - Senior Day

Started by talksalot, February 19, 2016, 10:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HC

Valpo by 11, 81-70

My son has a boy scout banquet, but I'm excited to hear how Vashil tops last year's senior day speech.

oklahomamick

D. Walker get into the starting lineup because he's a senior?  We are sending off Carter (hopefully not) Vashil, D.Walker, E. Victor. 
CRUSADERS!!!

talksalot

I'm looking forward to seeing Vashil's speech...again.

Kyle321n

Yep I bet the starters are Carter, D Walker, EVictor, Vashil, and Alec.

Anyone taking bets on what Vashil does for his speech this year?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

HailVU2014

This game is very similar to last year's second meeting with Detroit. Valpo with the opportunity to clinch the HL outright with a game against Detroit. This year's game is a bit different as the game is in Valpo rather than Detroit, and Detroit is having a better season by record and offensive stats, but the RPI from last year to this year is very similar.

It's the #1 Conference Scoring Defense against the #3 Conference Scoring Offense and for the other end of the court it's the #6 Conference Scoring Offense against the #8 Conference Scoring Defense. We just finished the regular season sweep of Oakland who has better statistics offensively and defensively, but Detroit always gives us fits for one reason or another, including a bad loss at Calihan last year on Feb 25.

Note: Not to be a pessimist, we have not swept Detroit in the regular season since 2011-2012, but that year was the unforgettable loss in the HL Finals to Jr. and the gang... Thus, Bryce has not had an undefeated season against UDM. Homer's final team is the last team to not lose to Detroit in a season going 3-0 in 2010-2011.

The Vegas Line opened as Valpo by 15, but dropped a bit to Valpo by 14 this evening. Hopefully, we aren't too tired after the Oakland game on Friday and we can get the Senior Day jitters out early and get the W before heading up to the W.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

VULB#62

This is the game where we see if the guys have learned their lessons from WSU and Oakland, put the clamps on for 40 minutes and FINISH. For a veteran team, this should not be an issue. So hopefully they've sorted it out and start the run to the end of the season we all know they are capable of.

Getter goin' Valparaizone!

GO VALPO :dance:

a3uge

Crickets. Guess people only care about bad offense.

govalpogo

govalpogo

Happy to see Peters asserting himself and taking over down the stretch! 

govalpogo

Less excited to see a 21 point lead fall to and 11 point lead in less that 3 minutes.

govalpogo

Glad we woke up and finished strong!  Congrats on another HL regular season title and a guaranteed post season birth!

nkvu

Congrats to the team!  Gave me a little heartburn there when their lead was cut by ten, but they came back strong at the end to win comfortably. Now finish strong next week in Wisconsin and get everybody healthy for the conference tournament.

wh

Quote from: govalpogo on February 21, 2016, 02:44:50 PM
UDM's shooting has been impressive.

Despite excellent defense, Detroit shot over 50% from 3 and overall. I'm guessing that's one of their best offensive performances of the year, yet we still won by 16. Pretty impressive. Also, Bass had a huge game, yet Alec was even better. We just weren't going to be denied today.

agibson

Seemed like we were playing zone, even in the middle of their hot three point shooting. Just mixing it up?

Great to get the win, for sure, and finger to see all of the seniors contributing.

Skara was still wearing the boot, but was standing, moving around, etc. fairly casually it seemed.  Without crutches, as far as I saw - at least during senior speeches, etc.

vusupporter

I'd say Vashil announcing that him and Bridget are expecting their second child is a solid follow-up to last year's engagement.

valpospartan

Quote from: vusupporter on February 21, 2016, 04:29:42 PM
I'd say Vashil announcing that him and Bridget are expecting their second child is a solid follow-up to last year's engagement.
Did you see the look on Bryce's face when Vashil made that announcement?  He was absolutely shocked.

talksalot

oklahomamick

Congrats to Vashil on his next child.  Vashil has come along ways from sitting the bench his freshman year.  Hopefully he can make some money oversees.  Big props to Carter who has been a great leader and point guard the last couple years.  Hopefully we see him again next year (wishful thinking).  Give it up to E.Vic who could have packed the bags and quite after any one of his surgeries.  Way to fight!  Really glad we have D. Walker for the last two years.  I think it's fair to say we are bringing in better players than we used too. 

And Congrats to the program and Bryce.  4 season championships out of 5.  Valpo clinched the #1 see with a week to go.  Plenty of time to prepare the ARC and get really to host.   :'(
CRUSADERS!!!

historyman

I actually said in my own head "how is Vashil going to top last year's proposal? Announce he and his wife are having another child?" I was as astounded by his announcement as Jubril.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

78crusader

We are now ranked #1 in the College Court Report Mid-Major rankings. Is it possible--possible--that our at-large hopes still have a pulse?

Paul

agibson

Quote from: 78crusader on February 21, 2016, 08:10:05 PM

We are now ranked #1 in the College Court Report Mid-Major rankings. Is it possible--possible--that our at-large hopes still have a pulse?

Paul

Monmouth's loss to Iona might help a little - but probably it's going to help Oregon State or the like (middle of the road big conference) and not a mid-major.

oklahomamick

Quote from: agibson on February 21, 2016, 08:32:24 PM
Quote from: 78crusader on February 21, 2016, 08:10:05 PMWe are now ranked #1 in the College Court Report Mid-Major rankings. Is it possible--possible--that our at-large hopes still have a pulse? Paul
Monmouth's loss to Iona might help a little - but probably it's going to help Oregon State or the like (middle of the road big conference) and not a mid-major.

Monmouth should have lost again today.  Beat in 12-15 St. Peters in ot.
CRUSADERS!!!

historyman

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 21, 2016, 06:52:58 PMAnd Congrats to the program and Bryce.  4 season championships out of 5.  Valpo clinched the #1 see with a week to go.  Plenty of time to prepare the ARC and get really to host.   

I'm wondering if LeCrone and the big wigs at the HL will wise up and cancel the contract with the organization that is running the HL tournament in Detroit.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann