• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2/26- Milwaukee @ UWM Panther Arena

Started by HailVU2014, February 22, 2016, 02:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agibson

Quote from: VULB#62 on February 26, 2016, 10:20:48 AMNow if you go up to Green Bay, the pickings are a little leaner. There is alway the 1919 Kitchen and Tap right in the atrium of Lambeau Field and just a short walk to the Resch - very good comfort food and a great bar. After that there are all the pubs, franchise places, and corner bars in the vicinity of Lambeau/Resch. 

If you go to Lambeau, TAKE A GUIDED TOUR! It's a very well run tour and gives you a great feeling for the uniqueness of the GBPackers.

Sounds like a different thread. But, I can't resist dragging out some family memories.

Historically, our go-to spots for Green Bay nostalgia were Kroll's... looks like Kroll's East is the historic one. Actually... I can't tell. East? West? Looks like they both have some history.

And... for ice cream... was there a Dean's? I can't seem to find any sign of it. Might have been in a neighboring town, not Green Bay proper. Legend has it that my dad's go-to was a marshmallow sundae.

My uncle, RIP, gave tours at the Packer Hall of Fame.

talksalot

Going into tonight's game... the national rankings for defensive points allowed:

1.   Arkansas-Little Rock   58.8
2.   Wichita State   59.6
3.   Virginia   59.7
4.   Saint Mary's College   60.0
5.   San Diego State   60.3
6.   Louisville   60.8             Total Points allowed:  1,701   28 games = 60.75000
7.   Connecticut  61.7         Total Points allowed:  1,727   28 games = 61.67857
8.   Valparaiso   61.7             Total Points allowed:  1,666   27 games = 61.70370
9.   Cincinnati   61.8             Total Points allowed:  1,729   28 games = 61.75000
10.   Charleston 61.9            Total Points allowed:  1,610   26 games = 61.92308

if no other teams in proximity to us plays tonight, and

if we allow: between 36 and 60 points to Milwaukee, we will be alone in #7
if we allow:  61 points to Milwaukee, we will be tied with UConn.
if we allow:  62 points to Milwaukee, we will be alone at #8
if we allow:  63 points to Milwaukee, we will be tied at #8 with Cincinnati
if we allow:  64, 65, 66, 67, 68 points to Milwaukee, we will be alone at #9
if we allow:  69 points to Milwaukee, we will be behind College of Charleston

PantherU only scored 56 points against us in the ARC last month.

a3uge

Well we beat them pretty comfortably the first game and that was with Peters playing like crap. Wouldn't be shocked by a loss, but Valpo clearly has more talent and is way more athletic. Valpo by 12, Hammink 16 points.

elephtheria47

Quote from: agibson on February 26, 2016, 01:10:01 PM
Quote from: VULB#62 on February 26, 2016, 10:20:48 AMNow if you go up to Green Bay, the pickings are a little leaner. There is alway the 1919 Kitchen and Tap right in the atrium of Lambeau Field and just a short walk to the Resch - very good comfort food and a great bar. After that there are all the pubs, franchise places, and corner bars in the vicinity of Lambeau/Resch. 

If you go to Lambeau, TAKE A GUIDED TOUR! It's a very well run tour and gives you a great feeling for the uniqueness of the GBPackers.

Sounds like a different thread. But, I can't resist dragging out some family memories.

Historically, our go-to spots for Green Bay nostalgia were Kroll's... looks like Kroll's East is the historic one. Actually... I can't tell. East? West? Looks like they both have some history.

And... for ice cream... was there a Dean's? I can't seem to find any sign of it. Might have been in a neighboring town, not Green Bay proper. Legend has it that my dad's go-to was a marshmallow sundae.

My uncle, RIP, gave tours at the Packer Hall of Fame.

Oh yeah, Krolls is where it is at for sure. I hate the packers. But, have to admit, the guided tour is pretty cool. Also like going to the wildlife sanctuary there because they usually have different animals they are rescuing every time I get there. Doors county always a nice trip too.

But first, let's get this w tonight fellas

rink

Reporting from sec 223. Wow do we look like dogshit in the first 8 minutes. And we've put UWM in the bonus already! Man!

rink

UWM getting away with a lot offensive elbows, even a slap to carter's face.

a3uge

a3uge

I hope they even out the calls in the second half. This is absolutely embarrassing.

nkvu

So Milwaukee's game plan is have their refs foul all our players out midway through the second period.  Right on schedule.

rink

Tevonn with awful dribbling to close out an awful half.

The officiating is really bad, but we need to play better. We look like a team that has no business dreaming of winning an NCAA tourney game right now.

NativeCheesehead

We. Have. To. Get. Out. Of. This. Conference.

FWalum

Not only are the referees bad but these ESPN announcers are horrible they have no idea what they're talking about when They talk about players. TEWON Walker, D Walker transferred to Milwaukee,  One of Milwaukee's players was wearing Keith Carter's jersey when he made a three for the Crusaders... and many other gaffs.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

a3uge

The craziest part is the lack of calls Valpo gets driving to the paint, which they're trying to do since the refs are happy with the whistle on the other end. The traveling call on Peters? Oh my god. After a handful of tick tack calls on Valpo you call a TRAVELING??

vu84v2

Frankly, Valpo's defense was terrible, Worst defensive half they have played all year. Sure there were some bad calls, but players were out of position often, Need a much more solid second  half.

rink

Both Walkers with deep 2s, barely inside the arc, with lots of shot clock remaining.  This was our plan coming out of half?

a3uge

Did Darien Walker sleep with the refs wife? Obvious block, goes off on on UWM but called off him... Then the next possession they call a block on Walker. Man!

a3uge

Peters three rims in and out. Ugh. That would have been the dagger.

nkvu

T. Walker should not be shooting the ball. He just has no confidence from anywhere.

rink

I swear I saw tevonn pick up his foot off the line before receiving the pass. Are thes officials processing all their thoughts half a second behind realtime?

nkvu

nkvu

And then commits a charge (which looked like a flop).

nkvu

And then hits a three and 2 clutch free throws in ot!  Maybe THIS will get him going because we need him the rest of the way.  Gutsy win by the team. I had visions of Wright State all over again but the team showed poise and determination to pull it out.  :thumbsup:

talksalot

Thanks to THAT win; plus Iona's win... Valpo's RPI is now 50...

and the defensive points per game allowed:

1. Arkansas-Little Rock 58.8
2. Wichita State 59.6
3. Virginia 59.7
4. Saint Mary's College 60.0
5. San Diego State 60.3
6. Louisville 60.8
7. Connecticut 61.7
8. Cincinnati 61.8
9. Charleston 61.8
10. Old Dominion 62.2
11. Valparaiso 62.2
12. Villanova 62.5
13. Michigan State 63.5

a3uge

Quote from: talksalot on February 26, 2016, 08:38:11 PM
Thanks to THAT win; plus Iona's win... Valpo's RPI is now 50...

and the defensive points per game allowed:

1. Arkansas-Little Rock 58.8
2. Wichita State 59.6
3. Virginia 59.7
4. Saint Mary's College 60.0
5. San Diego State 60.3
6. Louisville 60.8
7. Connecticut 61.7
8. Cincinnati 61.8
9. Charleston 61.8
10. Old Dominion 62.2
11. Valparaiso 62.2
12. Villanova 62.5
13. Michigan State 63.5
I'd say RATE THAT PER OT GAMES but Valpo did just play their first OT game. Nonetheless, amazing defense in the second half with Milwaukee hitting some crazy shots at the end.