• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Broadcasters for HL tourney final game on ESPN (OR IS IT ESPN2)

Started by vufan75, February 23, 2016, 10:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vufan75

Check out @billpotter_HL's Tweet: https://twitter.com/billpotter_HL/status/702340655117258753?s=09

Short version. Mike Tirico and Dan Dakich calling finals for HL tourney.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

HC

They're pretty solid...another reason to stay in and watch on tv I suppose.

elephtheria47

can't stand dakich, but good to see they have two solid names calling the final game.

bbtds

Quote from: elephtheria47 on February 24, 2016, 07:23:02 AM
can't stand dakich, but good to see they have two solid names calling the final game.

This! Dakich is an A1 jerk but doesn't mind being called one either. He's not someone full of vugarity on the air but in real life he is one of the biggest  :censored: you could ever meet.

IndyValpo

a3uge

Tirico is good at his job. His level of research and situational awareness is top-notch. I love the way he calls NFL games (hard to do with Gruden babbling all game about how great everyone is). He's always shown a deep understanding of the rules, as well as player/team backgrounds. The same can be said about the NBA.

Not too familiar with how he calls college basketball - he doesn't do much of it, but I expect him to do a lot more research about the teams than the usual schlups at ESPN.

Also, Dakich is from Merrillville, IN. Might be a little familiar with Valpo.

valpo84

"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

Kyle321n

Ugh Dakich is the worst. I like Tirico, but man, I wish they picked someone else to do color for the game.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

NativeCheesehead

I like Tirico, and DD at least knows the game. Don't know if i'm going or not, but if I do i'll be recording just to hear the voice of MNF call my Saders!

RedHawk

Dakich was talking very positively about Valpo on his broadcast the other night. One of his sleeper teams for the tournament.