• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #11 Valpo @Charlotte 49ers Mon 12/16 6:00P WVUR 95.1

Started by VUBBFan, December 15, 2019, 10:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishDawg

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on December 17, 2019, 12:52:39 PM
Come on... Whether it's injuries youth or whatever he doesn't have enough help. Why has UNI been able to surround Green with a capable cast but we can't?

Of UNI's rotation players, other than Green, they're all Juniors and Seniors. I think the better question is whether guys like Brown, Phyfe, Berhow, Dahl, etc can maintain an offensive efficiency that's 30 points higher than where they've been at 2-3 years prior for an entire season.  At this point the sample size is large enough that the answer may be yes, but Green is essentially the same player he was last year and everyone else is playing at a level they never have during their careers.

Valpo doesn't have guys that can stretch the defense, so the offense suffers.  Their bigs are either young or Mileek, so the interior of the defense isn't stout.  Not fun, but I still do think there are bright spots.

oklahomamick

Quote from: wh on December 17, 2019, 02:07:37 PMHalf of UNI's roster are 4-year players. Valpo has 1 active senior (John). Different as night and day.

WH, you using the same excuses as two years ago...We are young, not enough 4 year players....you are better than that. 
CRUSADERS!!!

valpo64

I find it hard to believe the criticism of this team as it is now especially since Fazekas and Robinson are now out.   Give me a break, with them out and the youth we now have with some good recruits,  it takes time to mold a team.  And even now people bring up Matt's job???  Are you kidding?   Chill out folks!  So we are off a week for finals then start a long road trip over the Holidays and we look sluggish in our first start.  It sure is understandable to me even though I don't like it.  I'm with you "wh".

VUGrad1314

This would be a lot easier to take if we hadn't have had such terrible years back to back prior to what looks like another up and down year and probable play in game finish. I am getting desperate to see this team make its mark in the MVC and prove it belongs. I really thought we would be better than we've shown. I really don't want us to keep letting the conference down. They picked us over a very good program and gave us a great opportunity and I really hope we can do more with it than we have.

crusadermoe

crusadermoe

I'm just kidding around and agree with valpo64.   It's a good group of guys who are playing well and enjoying themselves.  That will take you a long way.   

At least this week won't go down hill from here.  We play at High Point.

Valpo89

Quote from: crusadermoe on December 17, 2019, 05:26:35 PM
I'm just kidding around and agree with valpo64.   It's a good group of guys who are playing well and enjoying themselves.  That will take you a long way.   

Didn't High Point win at the ARC last year?

wh

Almost 24 hours since our 2nd key player went down with an injury and no one has blamed the athletic trainer yet a la last year. Or did I miss it?

justducky

With the NET rankings now out allow me to make some comparisons. Charlotte now sits at 130, Bradley 128, MSU 133, ISUr 151, Loyola 165, and ISUb 87. If we have to play all 5 of those Valley teams on the road while short both Nick and Ryan we might be lucky to win one and our average margin of defeat would likely be between 8 to 12. No, I am not happy about our performance but I understand all of the legitimate reasons why we struggled to compete.

Tomorrow is another day and I eagerly await it.  :thumbsup:

bbtds

Quote from: crusadermoe on December 17, 2019, 05:23:59 PM
Maybe we were caught looking ahead to High Point
Don't be so comfortable with the idea of beating HPU. If we play against HPU the way we played in the first 4 minutes against Charlotte we are sure to lose to High Point which would certainly be the lowwwww point of the season just as last season.

Although looking ahead to the High Point is a natural thing to do.  ;)

bbtds

Quote from: Valpo89 on December 17, 2019, 05:56:32 PM
Quote from: crusadermoe on December 17, 2019, 05:26:35 PM

Didn't High Point win at the ARC last year?

I think you missed the pun about "down hill" & "high point."

covufan

Things are looking up. We are on to High Point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Sayin

Quote from: covufan on December 18, 2019, 08:56:10 AM
Things are looking up. We are on to High Point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That pun was already done