• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #3 @ Purdue 6:00pm BTN WVUR 95.1

Started by VU2014, December 03, 2020, 10:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a3uge

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on December 05, 2020, 01:22:07 PM
Quote from: crusadermoe on December 05, 2020, 11:34:28 AMDon't you guys think we really belonc in the Big Ten now?   We can make the ARC work there for a while. Can we just stop already with all the "why are in the MVC" chatter?  After one bad loss, I was starting to wonder if a lot of you guys wanted to take us back to the Mid-Con and get the gang back together with Centenary and peel off IUPUI for all old times sake.   We've moved up twice and belong where we are. Relax a little.    [emoji38] [emoji106]

I'm not questioning why we are in the MVC I'm waiting for us to finally start pulling our weight with our new peers... Big difference...
There's been worse teams since we joined the MVC. They've been overall about .500 out of conference. The issue has been lowsy conference seasons, which doesn't impact MVC teams' SOS, RPI, NET, or whatever.

VUGrad1314

Fine but our scheduling and our inability to win the few opportunities we give ourselves doesn't really do a lot to help the MVC teams' metrics when they do play us.

justducky

Quote from: humbleopinion on December 05, 2020, 08:55:11 AMI was amused (confused? dumbfounded?) when the announcer commented that Valpo isn't very deep -- even after Matt had already given ten players minutes.

We played 11 players with 3 scholarships (Lorange, Freese-Villian and Morgan) not in uniform. Purdue played only 8. I heard no mention of them being short handed but surely they must have been for no bench to have been played???? Anybody know any detail on this? Were they missing one or more important pieces?

bbtds

Quote from: justducky on December 05, 2020, 08:45:45 AM
Mileek was not a factor and fouled out in less than 10 minutes of play. He has never figured out how to wrestle defensively with a true center while sticking around for half of the potential 40 minutes. I was kind of wondering how well Kiser could have contained their bigs?  ;) Helm is interesting. Looked solid defensively with no TO's. We have a lot of players with near interchangeably equal talents and potentials. How does Matt sort it out to distribute playing time? I can picture a lot of players excelling one night and being quickly hooked to the end of the bench a night later.

The play where the 7 foot center Purdue sealed off Mileek and made a strong move to the basket and Mileek fouled him from behind had to be the dumbest play I have seen Mileek make. What was he thinking? He had 3 fouls and fouled a 7 footer that had already gotten past him. That is the way you foolishly foul out of a game.

JBC1824

To answer your question, Mileek doesnt think lol. One of the lowest bball IQ players Valpo seems to have featured in a while.
Lazing around in the shadow of bombs

VUBBFan

Quote from: justducky on December 05, 2020, 07:24:50 PM
Quote from: humbleopinion on December 05, 2020, 08:55:11 AMI was amused (confused? dumbfounded?) when the announcer commented that Valpo isn't very deep -- even after Matt had already given ten players minutes.
We played 11 players with 3 scholarships (Lorange, Freese-Villian and Morgan) not in uniform. Purdue played only 8. I heard no mention of them being short handed but surely they must have been for no bench to have been played???? Anybody know any detail on this? Were they missing one or more important pieces?

They were playing with two of their guards out.