• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Opponents Scoreboard 2014-2015 Season

Started by motowntitan, November 02, 2014, 09:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motowntitan

Detroit rolls over Siena Heights:
http://www.detroittitans.com/news/2014/11/1/MBB_1101145858.aspx

Green Bay Rips On Ripon:
http://www.greenbayphoenix.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=22500&ATCLID=209741859

Oakland narrowly defeats Ferris State:
http://www.goldengrizzlies.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/110114aac.html

Now granted, it was three different levels of teams (NAIA, DIII, and DII, respectively).  But how do you get down 15, and give up 87 points, to a team picked 6th in the GLIAC?

wh

Last year I criticized WSU's weak OOC schedule, and now look at ours.  So, I want to be careful about criticizing Oakland, knowing that we have a similar type game coming up on Thursday.  ;)

VU75

So it's the first exhibition game and Oakland had 4 starters log over 30 minutes and only played 8 the whole game.

Grizz

Only had 8 scholarship players dressed. 1 is being redshirted, 1 can't play till December, 1 has a broken foot, and 1 is suspended. Once league gets here we will be 10 deep unless injury. The kid who is hurt will play a bunch of minutes.

valpo64

and "King Kampe" talks and talks and talks and talks.............................

oklahomamick

I know Jason Gardner is good, but isn't UWM losing to IUPUI at home a bad loss?  Bad for UWM and bad for the HL.
CRUSADERS!!!

FWalum

Jeter didn't seem too worried about it, he decided to send a message to Tiby by making him sit after receiving a technical.  I think they said that Tiby only played 4 minutes.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

Kyle321n

So far UWM has looked pretty lifeless and I don't know how much of it is their post season suspension and how much of it is missing someone who could knock down an open shot. Who would have guessed they would miss Aaron this much?
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

vu72

a couple of nice wins yesterday.  Green Bay beats Evansville who was undefeated and Detroit beats Toledo to break their home winning streak.  Those should help the conference rating.

This is probably the wrong thread to post this but I'm on the road and had limited time to research the proper spot!!  Please move as appropriate, thank you!!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

wh

Quote from: vu72 on November 26, 2014, 08:13:08 AM
This is probably the wrong thread to post this but I'm on the road and had limited time to research the proper spot!!  Please move as appropriate, thank you!!

I would be surprised if someone nit-picks the location.  Thankfully, present day board pedantry is a shadow of its former self.

valpo64

Even thought we do not play them, I see that Butler beat UNC this afternoon.

wh

a couple of nice wins yesterday.  Green Bay beats Evansville who was undefeated and Detroit beats Toledo to break their home winning streak.  Those should help the conference rating.

HL teams have done a good job of digging themselves out of an early hole, improving from a combined 4-17 start (D-1 games) to 16-21 presently.  That said there are 5 challenging games on tap for later today and a ton more over the holiday weekend.     

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: wh on November 26, 2014, 12:53:23 PM

I would be surprised if someone nit-picks the location.  Thankfully, present day board pedantry is a shadow of its former self.
This is the closest we have to a opponents' scoreboard thread.  We could move it to "Opponents Non Conference Schedule" because that was started by HC.

Speaking of, what happened to him and MC (Matt Carter)?!?
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

HorizonFan

Or a Butler hate thread? Though I suppose there are enough of those...

wh

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on November 26, 2014, 03:43:42 PM

Good question.  Speaking of which, where is the VU instructor (or is that MC?) - has small children, posted pictures of his boys, sits in the upper deck - can't think of his board name?  He was very engaged last year.  What happened to milan miracle?  The board is getting way too optimistic about this year's team.  We need someone to give us a good dose of reality  :).  Seriously, where are these guys?  I hope they are doing ok.  You always wonder when someone suddenly disappears.   

Correction on mm. I just remembered that he announced some time back that he was not going to post anymore. Maybe he'll have a change of heart.

bbtds

Quote from: wh on November 26, 2014, 03:59:59 PMGood question.  Speaking of which, where is the VU instructor (or is that MC?) - has small children, posted pictures of his boys, sits in the upper deck - can't think of his board name?  He was very engaged last year. 

Are you thinking of agibson? He lived in Paris or somewhere in France for a while and then moved back to the Valpo area.

wh

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

I suppose that LAA could always revert to his other personalities... ;)
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: valpotx on November 27, 2014, 12:17:44 AMI suppose that LAA could always revert to his other personalities...
I demand a DISLIKE button ;)

a3uge

Quote from: wh on November 26, 2014, 03:59:59 PM
Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on November 26, 2014, 03:43:42 PM

Good question.  Speaking of which, where is the VU instructor (or is that MC?) - has small children, posted pictures of his boys, sits in the upper deck - can't think of his board name?  He was very engaged last year.  What happened to milan miracle?  The board is getting way too optimistic about this year's team.  We need someone to give us a good dose of reality  :).  Seriously, where are these guys?  I hope they are doing ok.  You always wonder when someone suddenly disappears.   

Correction on mm. I just remembered that he announced some time back that he was not going to post anymore. Maybe he'll have a change of heart.

Don't forget HC too... But then again maybe LPA controls all other accounts and I've essentially just been talking to the same guy for 4 or 5 years, and read a lot of messages of him talking to himself. How do I know you are not you? How do I know you all are real. Ahhhhhh

wh

Nice Oakland win this afternoon over Toledo 81-79.  Toledo is picked to win the MAC this year with 4 starters back from last year's 27-win team, but is now 0-2 against the HL, including a loss at home last Tuesday to Detroit 82-79.   

Dave_2010

Quote from: wh on November 29, 2014, 04:34:49 PM
Nice Oakland win this afternoon over Toledo 81-79.  Toledo is picked to win the MAC this year with 4 starters back from last year's 27-win team, but is now 0-2 against the HL, including a loss at home last Tuesday to Detroit 82-79.   

HL has a third shot to take down Toledo Wednesday when the Rockets visit Cleveland State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk