• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

VU's adjustment to the MVC

Started by valpo64, March 16, 2021, 02:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo64

In looking at all of our teams(M & W) competing in the Valley, I think we can say that we are getting better and more competitive every year in almost every sport.  Granted there have been some glitches in some spots, but overall I believe we are gradually growing into the Valley level of play.  In general, recruiting has improved.  Lets hope the improvement will continue and bring even more positive changes and improvements in our overall athletic program.  Moving to a better conference always takes time to adjust in recruiting and facility improvements.  As we all know, the facility improvements always take even more time, especially for a smaller, private school like VU.  Lets face it, Valley competition is waaaay ahead of the Summit and Horizon leagues, demanding better recruiting, improved scheduling, bigger budgets and better facilities.  I think we will get to where we want to be...just wish it would happen quicker.

usc4valpo

Ok, this is good to hear, but contrary to typical Valpo fashion, if the direction is going in the wrong direction, please resolve it proactively. I do have concerns about Lottich as I'm not sure he is the long term coach. Right now I would grade him as a 'C'

VUGrad1314

Quote from: usc4valpo on March 16, 2021, 08:17:21 PMOk, this is good to hear, but contrary to typical Valpo fashion, if the direction is going in the wrong direction, please resolve it proactively. I do have concerns about Lottich as I'm not sure he is the long term coach. Right now I would grade him as a 'C'

You are too kind. I struggle to give him a passing grade right now.

usc4valpo

Lottich is just part of the demise of Valparaiso basketball. The university is generally apathetic to basketball success.

covufan

Quote from: usc4valpo on April 02, 2021, 06:25:32 AM
Lottich is just part of the demise of Valparaiso basketball. The university is generally apathetic to basketball success.
Sadly, three years ago I would have completely dismissed this statement. Now, ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk