• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game 9 Presbyterian

Started by valpofb16, November 03, 2021, 09:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD24

Does Valpo go back to Nimz or move to Jackson who, I think, probably fits this offense much better because he's a running threat? He was able to complete the passes needed to keep drives alive and/or hit a guy wide open for the TD.

vu72

Quote from: JD24 on November 07, 2021, 11:47:28 AM
Does Valpo go back to Nimz or move to Jackson who, I think, probably fits this offense much better because he's a running threat? He was able to complete the passes needed to keep drives alive and/or hit a guy wide open for the TD.

I would think Jackson.  I presume further that the freshman qb's are being red-shirted.  They showed a lot of talent on the film I've seen.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpofb16

Freshman can redshirt regardless now as only 2 games left. Room is interesting moving forward.

Jackson/Nimz could graduate and walk. Berry lost the starting and back up slot. Lawson has only been used on running downs. Kaplan and Appel redshirt.

If I were a betting man id bet we bring in one this off-season. One of Jefferson / Nimz comes back. And one of the remaining four transfer

valpo tundra

One of the best parts of the game was when President Padilla, pom poms in hand , led the Cheerleaders in a cheer. You'd never see MLB do that. In fact, our new leader will probably go to as many sporting events as MLB given that MLB rarely ever goes to sports that aren't football or basketball.

valpopal

Quote from: valpo tundra on November 07, 2021, 07:24:22 PM
One of the best parts of the game was when President Padilla, pom poms in hand , led the Cheerleaders in a cheer. You'd never see MLB do that. In fact, our new leader will probably go to as many sporting events as MLB given that MLB rarely ever goes to sports that aren't football or basketball.
I was at a meeting this week where Padilla commented about the increased attendance at football games this season and encouraged faculty to attend other sporting events, particularly mentioning men's & women's basketball and volleyball.

sliman

Replying to valpo tundra: MLB is often seen at many home events in all sports.  Probably makes all home football and basketball games, but he's also been to cross country, swimming, volleyball, softball, baseball, etc.  I haven't seen him with poms, though.

JD24

I've never not seen him at a football game.

valpo tundra

Many M+W Tennis matches seen in person over the years with no MLB in sight. Many M+W soccer matches seen in person with only one sighting to memory. Numerous M+W Cross Country Crusader Opens, our only home meets of the year, with no sightings. Several Softball and Baseball games with no sightings. Occasional Swimming meets with no sightings in memory. Numerous Volleyball games with reasonably reliable sightings. And, I already mentioned he does go to pretty much all of the M+W Basketball and Football games. This a first hand account of facts, not anecdotal thoughts that just because he is AD he must go to events, or that you or others have seen him at something and then transfer that to other events.

sliman

valpo tundra, My comments also are based on observations over his years at Valpo.  Clearly there will be conflicts that prevent him from being two places at once but it's my observation that he makes it to most home events, although perhaps not staying for the entire event.

valpo64

bbtds

ML was at tonight's UIC basketball game and while walking around greeting people he was watching the Valpo/Butler football game on his tablet. One of my relatives mentioned that he was being criticized on this message board for not being at enough athletic events. He chuckled and said "let them think what they want." 

What is our AD supposed to do?

valpo64

Some people let facts get in the way when they speak or post.

IndyValpo

Quote from: IndyValpo on November 06, 2021, 07:25:19 PM
Quote from: valpofb16 on November 06, 2021, 04:58:49 PM
That wasn't even enjoyable to watch
Completely agree, add to it the refs were a joke. The head guy changed the clock about 20 times.

Personal thought, Presbyterian's plan will not work.
Coach lasted one season, he resigned this week.

JD24

Quote from: IndyValpo on December 05, 2021, 09:30:47 PM
Quote from: IndyValpo on November 06, 2021, 07:25:19 PM
Quote from: valpofb16 on November 06, 2021, 04:58:49 PMThat wasn't even enjoyable to watch
Completely agree, add to it the refs were a joke. The head guy changed the clock about 20 times. Personal thought, Presbyterian's plan will not work.
Coach lasted one season, he resigned this week.
With a public statement pointing out all of the great things his team did in beating two barely above HS teams and no one else.

valpofb16

Their QB is in xfer portal. I'd take him for sure!

usc4valpo

The question is if he wants athletic scholarship money.