• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

ORU is leaving the Summit League?

Started by vu84v2, March 12, 2012, 12:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usc4valpo

Travelwise, it makes much more sense that ORU goes to the Southland. Also, they have had upsets in the tourney in the past -  #14 seed NW State upsetting #3 seed Iowa back in 2006, and today a solid 33-2 SFA team defeating VCU.  I also think Southland COnference basketball is improving - Sam Houston is pretty good, and Northwestern State can give team fits.

wh

Quote from: usc4valpo on March 21, 2014, 10:17:49 PM
Travelwise, it makes much more sense that ORU goes to the Southland. Also, they have had upsets in the tourney in the past -  #14 seed NW State upsetting #3 seed Iowa back in 2006, and today a solid 33-2 SFA team defeating VCU.  I also think Southland COnference basketball is improving - Sam Houston is pretty good, and Northwestern State can give team fits.

???

FWalum

A perfect example of why the new similar topics feature should be limited to topics from the last 6 months. ORU is still coming BACK to the Summit League after being away for the last two years.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

usc4valpo

OK, my bad.  Too much celebration here as my wife is a proud SFA graduate.  The Southland has had decent football, which makes sense sine they are located in the Texas-Louisiana-Arkansas area.  SFA is a very well coached team.

The Horizon could use another member though - who could that be?  IUPUI or IPFW?

I wish Valpo got the opportunity to join the Valley but they wanted the big market and took a weak Loyola athletic program.

historyman

Quote from: usc4valpo on March 22, 2014, 10:23:36 AMOK, my bad.  Too much celebration here as my wife is a proud SFA graduate.  The Southland has had decent football, which makes sense sine they are located in the Texas-Louisiana-Arkansas area.  SFA is a very well coached team. The Horizon could use another member though - who could that be?  IUPUI or IPFW? I wish Valpo got the opportunity to join the Valley but they wanted the big market and took a weak Loyola athletic program.
Did you see the warning that the thread was over a year (or whatever time frame is included in the warning) old? It always warns you before you confirm the post. That's why Valpo 04 goes to all the trouble to create these warnings. We really should pay attention because of all the work 04 puts into this forum.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

valpotx

I know that the Southland gets a win every so often, but the conference BLOWS in basketball as a whole.  I believe that they finished 27th or 28th out of 33 in RPI
"Don't mess with Texas"