• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Who will be this year's Matt Kenney?

Started by ARCInsider, July 03, 2013, 09:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARCInsider

Kenney brought a lot of energy and athleticism to the floor...he wasn't necessarily the most talented player or the biggest contributor, but he brought that certain something to the floor that I don't think anyone else contributed.  Who will replace him this season, a 6th man/glue guy type player?

HC

As long as no one picks up his drive, jump pass, turnover I will be happy!

classof2014

I can see Jordan Coleman filling the role Kenney had. He is extremely athletic, and can score in bunches as well. I would look to him to be the "sixth" man off the bench like Kenney was in previous years.

Hoosier Expatriate

I agree, Coleman has similar attributes but he will be starting not coming off the bench.

valpopal

Quote from: Hoosier Expatriate on July 09, 2013, 09:30:10 PM
I agree, Coleman has similar attributes but he will be starting not coming off the bench.

I think Coleman will begin the season in the starting lineup, but Bryce might discover he adds more as the sixth man the way Matt did, especially after mid-season when Carter is added to the lineup and someone will have to return to the bench. Coleman will need to compete during the first semester to prove he should remain in the starting lineup the second semester.

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: valpopal on July 09, 2013, 11:51:48 PMColeman will need to compete during the first semester to prove he should remain in the starting lineup the second semester.
just like last year, only replace "starting lineup" with "rotation"
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa