• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo @ UDM Wednesday February 25, 2015 6pm Central Time

Started by talksalot, February 21, 2015, 11:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FWalum

If D Walker would use his left hand when driving to the left of the basket then maybe he would finish some of those drives. UGH!
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

agibson

Quote from: agibson on February 25, 2015, 07:47:36 PMWell, it's been ugly.  But, there's 51 and 10.  We should be good to go.

But, they're sure going to make us sweat.

Whatever happened to those beautiful, snaking, contorting baskets from Tevonn off the backboard?

FWalum

We are going to lose this game because of rebounding, I can't believe it, how many offensive rebounds are they going to get!!!
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

vu84v2

vu84v2

agibson

Not good when I'm rooting for overtime with a minute to go... 

agibson

Sure was a slow time-out from the Crusaders, does noone in the NCAA go for the two-for-one?  Need a stop... Somehow.

wh

FWalum

oklahomamick

That was a bad last offensive set, better not come back and get us.  D up. No tip ins!
CRUSADERS!!!

agibson

Blargh!  Not a good game.   :'(  Hopefully we can learn from this. 

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

agibson

wh

FWalum

This stinks because I have to give the edge to CSU in that game and we lose the tie-breaker.

Valpofan00

No way we win at CSU kiss the season and hosting the tourny goodbye. Even if somehow we make it to the NCAA tourny (which we won't) we aren't going to get a good seed. We will get blown out by a powerhouse.  Maybe next year

valpotx

How freaking pathetic was that defense by D Walker??  Why the hell are you on his hands that close, when he is doing a fade-away 3?  Just stay close and DON'T FOUL.  Also, wtf didn't we go 2 for 1 when we had the ball with 52 seconds left??  Absolutely stupid decisions in the last minute, and now we gave life to the rest of the league, when it should have been wrapped up.
"Don't mess with Texas"

mj

What a horrible horrible game. Horrible rebounding. Horrible managing of time outs. Horrible coaching.

This was like watching a Valpo team of years past. Hopefully we turn it around in Cleveland...
I believe that we will win.

agibson

Quote from: Valpofan00 on February 25, 2015, 08:06:50 PM
No way we win at CSU kiss the season and hosting the tourny goodbye. Even if somehow we make it to the NCAA tourny (which we won't) we aren't going to get a good seed. We will get blown out by a powerhouse.  Maybe next year

RPI only fell to 69 on the loss.  But, that may be sayanora to any hope of a 12 seed.

justducky

VU played reasonably well but were slightly out executed. Carter showed some of physical and mental rust that 5 weeks of inaction can give you.

vu72

I had no problem throughout--except for the final score.  Thought we played decent but the ball just bounce Detroits way. Sucks but on to Cleveland.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpotx

Seriously, can someone answer why we NEVER go two-for-one, when there is 50-60 seconds left in a game?  There is absolutely no reason to use the entire shot clock in such a circumstance.  Drive to the basket within 10 seconds, and even if you miss, you still have the last possession.  I just don't get it...
"Don't mess with Texas"

wh

Quote from: mj on February 25, 2015, 08:07:57 PM
What a horrible horrible game. Horrible rebounding. Horrible managing of time outs. Horrible coaching.

This was like watching a Valpo team of years past. Hopefully we turn it around in Cleveland...

This.