• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2014-15 HL Tournament Thread

Started by wh, March 03, 2015, 05:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agibson

Debby downer on Twitter, feel like I should post it since we're missing our usual Henny Pennies here.

[tweet]574425424798875648[/tweet]

Smj

Game stoppage is going to kill this sport. ..   Time Out. ..  Guess what. ...   Another time out. ....  How about a time out during this time out

agibson

Lewis can shoot that step-back.

Did we mention CSU with no timeouts?

LaPorteAveApostle

And the award for "Least Comfortable I've Ever Felt In a Game Valpo Never Trailed By More than 1" goes to...
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

bmlvu97

Gotta tighten up on the defense...don't like Lewis getting hot at the end...
Brian M. Lenz
Valpo Class of 1997

LaPorteAveApostle

For a team that takes a lot of time outs, we sure run some aimless crap coming outta them.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

agibson

Gotta hit these... and _defend_.

agibson

Big charge call. D walker?  On the pass - don't see that often.

agibson

_There_ was the crowd!  On their feet!  Noisy!  CSU no time-out!  6th man!

agibson

Lewis is going to get another look... but a step-back.

agibson

Or maybe not.  (I get Lee and Lewis terribly confused.. who has the step-back?)

agibson

No Tevonn for the home run :(

We really don't want Jubril at the line here.  Adekoya- prove me wrong!

agibson

Key Vashil block on that last CSU possession.

bmlvu97

See you in the ARC on Tuesday Night!!!
Brian M. Lenz
Valpo Class of 1997

LaPorteAveApostle

It's 12:40, essentially, because of EST meeting EDT.

And I have to play & sing the 7 AM Mass.

But it's a heaven of a lot easier doing so after we win.

agibson

agibson

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on March 07, 2015, 10:38:00 PM
It's 12:40, essentially, because of EST meeting EDT.

And I have to play & sing the 7 AM Mass.

But it's a heaven of a lot easier doing so after we win.

I hear you, I've got to be on shift in seven hours.

agibson

CSU played hard. Showed some real quality in places.  Grady's great game from around the FT line.  Lewis, or Lee, or whichever one it was with the step-back threes.

A worthy opponent.  On to GB!

usc4valpo

whew! Peters and Grady played great. Fernandez came through at the end!

nkvu

Team showed a lot of guts to pull this one out!

usc4valpo

My daughter has dance competition in the morning.

classof2014

3 wins against Cleveland State... Back to the finals. Hopefully Tevonn is alright and its just precautionary.

Alec with a huge game, 22 points, 8 boards.

agibson

Quote from: classof2014 on March 07, 2015, 10:45:36 PMBack to the finals. Hopefully Tevonn is alright and its just precautionary.

Todd's talking about maybe Tevonn in the post-season, if it's not as bad as he thinks :(

E Vic on Sykes?

agibson

Luke doesn't expect Tevonn Tuesday.  Calls it a "real injury".

Says Alec was fouled on every missed shot.  Being held all game - couldn't keep his shirt tucked in.

Calls out Sykes as a second round draft pick, at least.

And nice testimonial on team defense.  Paraphrased, "Going to be huge missing Tevonn [defensively].  But you try to tell E Victor he's not a great defender.  Try to tell Keither Carter that.  Vashil thinks he's a great defender.  Jubril thinks he's a great defender.  We pride ourselves on that."  Luke said it better than I can paraphrase...

classof2014

Valpo won this game. Made some big FTs, which really allowed us to keep the lead. Shut down Lewis for the most part, hit some late 3s but that was it. This team shuts down scorers, EVN and KC did a fantastic job after Tevonn went down early. From what it sounds like he's doubtful for Tuesday but it is postseason and maybe they're just saying that but my guess is he'll be in a jump-suit. We've been able to shut-down Sykes in the previous two games, which I think we'll do again Tuesday.

Funny how the two worst FT shooting teams in the league are the two best.

Excited for Tuesday! Great win. Time to take care of business!