• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Navarro

Started by usc4valpo, October 19, 2019, 03:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usc4valpo

Donny Navarro Scores big TD in the Illini upset over Bucky!

JD24

good for donnie. now you have a team to root for.

usc4valpo

What is the  point with the statement 24? Navarro has had success at Illinois and that be should celebrated. You make it sound that he is a traitor. Give the former Valpo receiver credit for his success!

And for the record, I support Valpo athletics and go to events when they are in the Des Moines and Cedar Valley area. I was at the Drake game which was very painful to experience. I also root for USC where I attended graduate school - and believe me these days I take a lot of good hearted grief about it from my friends and coworkers, and not because of Clay Helton but the status of Olivia Jade and operation varsity blues.

covufan

Is he on scholarship at Illinois?  Great day for this former Crusader!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VULB#62

Navarro left Valpo after one (very good) season and walked-on at Illinois. He apparently worked his butt off and his reward was being given a full ride this week. I feel real good for Donny as well as his family who I got to know in Missoula at the Montana game and chatted with them often at Valpo home games that season.

valpofb16

Donny was an fringe All-PFL type player as a freshman, not horribly surprised. Many standouts at the PFL level are definitely rotation players within reason at FBS schools.

That being said was at the Purdue-Illinois game last week, Donny is very undersized but he is a fantastic route runner.

A little Eddleman to his game

VUOR63

Good for this kid.  I know a lot of you always wonder why Valpo plays up to FCS scholarship schools and this is why.  Guys who come to VU to play football want to play D-1 and are willing to make a D-1 commitment (Spring ball, strength training, film, etc.) 

usc4valpo

Give the gentleman credit. 24, why the sarcasm for someone having success?

JD24

Quote from: usc4valpo on November 09, 2019, 12:54:10 PMGive the gentleman credit. 24, why the sarcasm for someone having success?

The sarcasm was not directed at Navarro nor his achievements.

usc4valpo

Give the guy credit and please be polite.

JD24

Quote from: usc4valpo on November 09, 2019, 01:35:12 PMGive the guy credit and please be polite.
I don't think the board wishes me to expound fully on the true intention of the post I made now 3 weeks ago. You dredging it up is your problem.

I did give him credit but you chose to focus on another portion of my initial comments in this thread. In general I don't particularly pay much attention to former members of teams I root for if they choose to move on.

usc4valpo

What? Just because I am critical and also I believe realistic does not make me an antagonist.

JD24

Quote from: usc4valpo on November 09, 2019, 02:23:30 PMWhat? Just because I am critical and also I believe realistic does not make me an antagonist.
Again....you're the one who dug up a comment I made about 3 weeks ago. I had no intention of posting in this thread again until you decided to bring it up and not only bring it up but practically beg for a response. So if there's anyone being an antagonist in this thread today it would be you.

usc4valpo

sure dude, my bad, I was reviewing some emails.

JD24

Since Illinois upset MSU today, I took a look at the stats and Navarro had 7 catches. Not a lot of yards so I guess they were using him for underneath routes.

VULB#62

Fb16 said he saw Navarro play previously and observed that he was undersized for FBS and Eddlemanesque in his routes, so that makes a lot of sense — ball control option underneath.