• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs. Dayton game 7 at Beautiful Brown Field

Started by usc4valpo, October 23, 2021, 07:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usc4valpo

The light enablers had a week off. Does Fox have the genius and mojo to turn it around?  I'm going half full this week - Valpo wins 19-17. Dayton is weak this year.

valpofb16

7-3 Valpo early, safe to say Limbach won't be back

covufan

45 points?  Who are these Beacons and how did they find the light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vu72

An amazing performance!  I'm so glad the junior high play caller is gone.  This was a well called well executed game plan.  Other than a really bad second quarter we totally out played a pretty good Dayton team.  Congrats Beacons!!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

JD24

I was positively tingling all over my body to see a Valpo QB set his feet and make a throw. What a concept!

Nimz a little shaky in the first half but the entire offense, including protection, found it's rhythm in the 2nd half.

Pgmado

usc4valpo

Dude, ok nice call, but they are still 2-5. The spring season was JV like.

vu72

Quote from: usc4valpo on October 23, 2021, 05:55:41 PM
Dude, ok nice call, but they are still 2-5. The spring season was JV like.

Not sure where you get your facts or whether or not they mean anything to you.  We are 2-2 in conference play. As for the 2-5 comment, well, we didn't get to play ND State or Dartmouth last year, did we?

We split with Drake last year and beat them this year. We didn't play Dayton last year and obviously beat them handily today.  We lost to St. Thomas and Marist, two teams we didn't play last year. 

We have yet to play the other three teams we played last year, beating two of them.  It's a little soon to be calling last year some sort of "JV" season, don't you think?
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

usc4valpo

72 - the spring season was not an indicator. If it were, we will finish 7-5 or greater. I will agree with you if Valpo goes 5-7 or greater. I think that's fair.

valpofb16

USC4valpo claims there's no activity on the board. Hey buddy! We beat Drake and Dayton in the same season. Positivity goes a long way.

Corohan2

Ben and Bob were really flying. 5 TD's every game from both of them please!

usc4valpo

Now the light brigade goes to San Diego where the game will be covered by Champion Kind and the Channel 4 news team.

David81

Is it now fair to speculate that VU would have maybe 2 more wins had Nimz been installed as the starter from the get-go and allowed to develop from there? (I know, it assumes he could stay healthy, despite porous line play.)

valpofb16

While Nimz should have started from day one not out on Berry.

Ickow confirmed Fox and Max James were calling the plays before the game. A lot less zone and more pullers , play action, slide protection.

All little wrinkles to make an offense harder to defend. I think no matter who started at QB under the old OC(?) would have struggled

JD24

Quote from: valpofb16 on October 24, 2021, 04:54:29 PMWhile Nimz should have started from day one not out on Berry. Ickow confirmed Fox and Max James were calling the plays before the game. A lot less zone and more pullers , play action, slide protection. All little wrinkles to make an offense harder to defend. I think no matter who started at QB under the old OC(?) would have struggled
I hate to be overly simplistic but it looked like an offense and took some time to settle down even during this game. In other words it was organized. The offense to this point and since Limbach took over always looked as if the players were unsure of themselves and too many plays just were blown up before they had any chance.

vu72

Here's an extended article on our win which includes the following cheap shot from their coach (though probably pretty accurate and hopefully changing!)

"That's why losses like this hurt. You have teams like Valpo and others that lose all the time. To them a loss is just another loss". He added "But to Dayton, it's tough"

https://pressprosmagazine.com/mccoy-ud-flyers-run-into-trap-game-at-valparaiso-2/

bb33

Quote from: vu72 on October 25, 2021, 08:57:59 AM
Here's an extended article on our win which includes the following cheap shot from their coach (though probably pretty accurate and hopefully changing!)

"That's why losses like this hurt. You have teams like Valpo and others that lose all the time. To them a loss is just another loss". He added "But to Dayton, it's tough"

https://pressprosmagazine.com/mccoy-ud-flyers-run-into-trap-game-at-valparaiso-2/

True or not, you don't say these kind of things. It's a really bad look.   You may think you are better, but you don't say it out loud and especially to the media!.  This coach needs some serious media training. 

valpofb16

Not a good look for Chamberain who has split since 2017.

Also a loss this season with 60% of roster being underclassmen.

We won't have Washington next season but they won't have their QB. Pretty sure our defense won't go anywhere with Fox

JD24

That quote may have a lifetime bulletin board existence  :) :)

usc4valpo

ValpoGeorge

Just read article.....in article said Dayton beat Marist...am i amongst the living?....but i thought Marist won the game?  Anyways I totally agree with the bulletin board material as long as Coach Fox is at Valpo.  Also if you go back and look at the past 4 season of Dayton football they are barely above .500(22-18).  I would hardly say you expect to win....looks and sounds more like mediocrity to me.  This should be a huge motivation for Coach Fox moving forward after he gave Chambelin 11 years.  Sounds like Chamberlin had a huge melt down losing to a former assistant. 

valpotx

Moronic head coach for Dayton.  Our non-conference losses were no slouches.  Dartmouth just won at Harvard, and is in the thick of the Ivy League title hunt.  No need to comment on NDSU's quality.
"Don't mess with Texas"