• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Favorite starting lineup of 2013?

Started by truth219, December 30, 2013, 05:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truth219

What was your favorite starting lineup of this current season? We have had quite a few variations, and I still don't know if we got a permanent one yet.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

vu72

I think the combo of Vashil, Jabril, Alec, LaVonte and Lexus at the moment, seem the the group that works well together.  I could insert Keith for Lexus or Bobby for Jabril and be just as happy.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

historyman

Shouldn't this be the players that get the most playing time? I believe it's okay to start Moussa because he adds an influence on defense that should begin with the start of the game. OTOH, I don't think Moussa deserves the most playing time. By putting in Vashil after Moussa that perpetuates Vashil's/Moussa's influence on defense to a greater extent. See Bryce's philosophy on starting line-ups in my signature.

BTW, I think Peters, Fernandez, Dority, Williams and Adekoya should get the most playing time.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: historyman on December 30, 2013, 05:57:53 PMI believe it's okay to start Moussa because he adds an influence on defense that should begin with the start of the game.
I think that's a good point--starters cannot just be the 5 best players on the team, any more than a string quartet can be the four best string players in the room.

Thought about doing an "over-under" on everyone's MPG first half vs. 2nd half of season, but almost everyone would be "under" because Carter's minutes have to come from somewhere(s).
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

truth219

I like Lexus, Dority, Peters, Adekoya, and any center really. None of our centers are very good honestly. I would like to see D.C. (Chadwick) get some more minutes.

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk

oklahomamick

Here it is, the starting lineup for our first conference game

Fernandez joined by Dority, Williams, Coleman and Peters
CRUSADERS!!!