• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

A question for any BB referee

Started by valpospartan, January 02, 2014, 09:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpospartan

If it is foul for a defensive player to put his hand/arm on the body of an offensive player, why isn't it a foul when a offensive player puts his hand/arm on the body of a defensive player?

UIC's Barlow did this every time he dribbled toward the basket and was never called for it - is this:
1. star treatment;
2. not a foul, or;
3. poor officiating?

justducky

Quote from: valpospartan on January 02, 2014, 09:52:12 PM3. poor officiating?
Tonight looked to me to be your average , ordinary, everyday, run of the mill 2012-13 HL officiating. What happened to those points of emphasis?  :o

StlVUFan

I only noticed one play like that - in the 2nd half, and Barlow's defender was called instead.  I thought Barlow pushed off with his arm, but I also thought his defender fouled him first.

valpo4life

It's a very tough call to make. But last night I had very few complaints at all, we were lucky to have a quality crew for our first Horizon league game. Here's to hoping the other crews can do what they did last night and not be a topic of discussion (minus this thread which isn't against the officiating, just a good question).

humbleopinion

I have no complaints about the officiating, but I am perplexed by the fact that the calls that they made were no different than the way games were called last year.  Was there a decision not to continue the areas of emphasis that were stressed earlier in the season?
Beamin' Beacons