• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo @ Oakland, Jan. 4th, 5:00pm CT Game Thread

Started by wh, January 03, 2014, 09:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

Tough game to call, but I think our road woes continue:

Oakland 74
Valpo 70
"Don't mess with Texas"

historyman

More likely that OU wins on a last second Bader three, 81-80. It would seem to preserve the karma of the recent Valpo/Oakland games.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

Chairback

So if we play man who do we stick on Bader?  Who guards the three best on this team?  Not sure I can answer that.

HC

Valpo wins 90-83, neither team puts up much in the way of defense and this one becomes a shoot out.

Edit: anyone know if this game is on espn3 today?

oklahomamick

Vegas has us as +1 on the road vs. Oakland.  I watched their first half against Wright State.  I think Carter will stick Bader.  He has the quickness and pesky hands that will frustrate Bader.  Don't know if he can run through or avoid all the screens that Bader will use.  Also Bader maybe too physical.  If Carter doesn't work I try a bigger more physical approach in Jubril.  Coleman's length and agility might be a good option too. 
CRUSADERS!!!

vu72

I think the Barlow experiment will serve us well against Bader.  It was Dority and Carter on him when in man to man.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: vu72 on January 04, 2014, 09:18:13 AMthe Barlow experiment
good point, and I agree. also, band name.

further:
You, Bader, watch out; you, Bader, not cry.
You, Bader, not pout.  I'm telling you why:
Valparaiso's coming
to town.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

crusadermoe

Road crowd for Valpo is usually really good in Oakland....especially now that they are in our league again.

The energy will be high in the O-rena.   Always a fun game and fun to watch Kampe get frustrated. 

Valpo 78    Oakland 71

78crusader

This team will turn the corner...but not tonight.

Oakland 83
VU 76

Paul

oklahomamick

We are shooting well from the floor.  Most of our shots are coming from distance.  I miss having an offensive threat down low. 
CRUSADERS!!!

Goraiders93

Keep it up guys, get the road W! We've only seen them once since they joined the Legue and I already can't stand Kampe or Oakland.

oklahomamick

2nd half is underway and Valpo has 7 team fouls.  Oakland will be shooting free throws with over 14 minutes to play.  This may come back to hurt us.
CRUSADERS!!!

Smj

What is with all the charge calls against us. ...  Did these refs hear the new rules?

Valpofan00

Valpofan00

oklahomamick

wow, they take the lead by 1 with 3 minutes to play.
CRUSADERS!!!

truth219

What a joke Carter....what a joke

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk

Valpofan00

Not his fault we lost before that final possession. It was over when Bader hit that deep 3.

wh

Complete offensive collapse in the 2nd half.  Coleman and Williams completely disappeared.  The Keith Carter thing at the end is beyond explanation.

valpo4life

I'm going to say something I normally would never say, but this one is on Bryce.

valpotx

This loss is on coaching.  We were up 15 with 12:40 left, and still chucking 3s early in the shot clock.  We get down 3 with 45 seconds left, and our designed play is an off balance 3 from Dority with a guy in his face?  Come on Bryce, you have to do better than that in clutch time.  Design a play to take it to the basket to get it down to 1, and then you have to foul.  Even if we made that extremely crappy shot, they still get the last shot of the game.  Put it on them to win it from the FT line, after our team dominated ALL game.  The players did well, and were let down by the coach in the time where a good coach is supposed to shine...
"Don't mess with Texas"