• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Youngstown State at Valpo--2/22/14--Saturday--3:00 p.m. CT--game thread

Started by historyman, February 21, 2014, 04:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

valpopal

For those who missed the halftime recognition of the 2014 class of the Athletics Hall of Fame, here is a photo of the six new members: Rachel Janssen, Brittany (Marks) Malicoat, Amanda Meyer, Dave Newman, Jon Steinbrecher, and John Wolfenberger.

Also, kudos to one of our own for flawlessly announcing all their lengthy accomplishments:

An article about the inductees can be found at the following link:
http://www.valpoathletics.com/athletics/news/2013-14/13420/hall-of-fame-class-of-2014-to-be-inducted-saturday/

valpotx

Really cool to see 2 of my classmates already included in the Valpo HOF in Amanda and Rachel, among others in recent years.  Amanda was in several of my business classes and study groups, and I had absolutely no idea that she played so many sports until a few years ago.  I just knew that she played soccer and some T&F, didn't remember her playing basketball.  Congrats again all!
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpopal

Quote from: wh on February 23, 2014, 12:21:53 PM
One of the best posts I have read in a long time.  Love the pictures, as well (all the pictures you provide).  Thanks, valpopal!

Thanks, wh! I have now posted a gallery of 50 photos from the game at the following link that I hope all will enjoy:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96208998@N05/sets/72157641440612754/

The set includes this photograph that will be presented to the Horzon League office as evidence of Bryce's intimidation of Kendrick Perry. Apparently, Perry only made two field goals the whole game because each time he came down the court to get the ball, Bryce would give him a "wet willy"!

valporun

tx, Amanda was a walk-on with the basketball team before playing soccer. I believe she ran track all four years.