• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Alec Peters NBA Draft

Started by valpo84, June 22, 2017, 02:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In What Round Will Alec Peters be Drafted?

Before the 24th pick
1 (9.1%)
24th-30th Picks(likely Orlando or Jazz or Spurs)
2 (18.2%)
30th-45th
5 (45.5%)
46th-60th (likely 76ers, Pacers or Bucks)
3 (27.3%)
Undrafted
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: June 23, 2017, 02:27:05 PM

valpopal

If Phoenix does not sign Alec, the Indy Star notes that the Pacers are possibly looking to add a 3-point shooting PF to fill out their roster (which still has 3 openings), and the addition must be in the lower-level salary range to work in their limited budget. They mention Alec as one of the handful of players who fit this description and could receive some consideration. Pure speculation and a long shot at best, especially since Phoenix has invested in Alec and I expect them to take a chance on him going forward; however, it would be great to see Alec back in Indiana and playing in the Eastern Conference.

VUGrad1314

I'm not concerned. I'm confident  he'll get another opportunity. The man scored 37 points in a game as a rookie. You'd think that's gotta be worth a second look to some team.

valpopal

I hardly recognize Alec wearing #14! However, same 3-point shot!

[tweet]1014945157592969216[/tweet]

valpopal

Dallas Mavericks play Phoenix Suns in summer league tonight on ESPN at 8:30 CT. I hear Rowdy will be there but not expected to play tonight. Too bad, it would be an opportunity to see him on the court with Alec. However, I look forward to a photo of the pair in their NBA uniforms.

valpotx

I wonder if this will be the first time that they've met, in spite of knowing that Alec was recruited to fill Rowdy's shoes?
"Don't mess with Texas"

VU2014

Quote from: valpotx on July 06, 2018, 05:13:03 PM
I wonder if this will be the first time that they've met, in spite of knowing that Alec was recruited to fill Rowdy's shoes?

They've met. Alec met Rowdy a few times on his visits during his recruitment. I'm not sure how well they will know each other.

I checked the Dallas Mavericks Summer League roster and Ryan wasn't listed. He just officially signed so he might be playing tonight or maybe at all in the
NBA SL.

a3uge

Quote from: VU2014 on July 06, 2018, 06:44:12 PM
Quote from: valpotx on July 06, 2018, 05:13:03 PM

They've met. Alec met Rowdy a few times on his visits during his recruitment. I'm not sure how well they will know each other.

I checked the Dallas Mavericks Summer League roster and Ryan wasn't listed. He just officially signed so he might be playing tonight or maybe at all in the
NBA SL.
Broekhoff is a bit old for SL. These are usually first or second year players. There's not much to learn from Ryan; he's a pretty known commodity after 5 years of international play.

oklahomamick

The box score of the last Suns summer league game showed Alec only played 15 minutes.  He did have 9 points and was 50% from 3 point land.  Is good or bad that he's only playing 15 minutes?
CRUSADERS!!!

wh

Quote from: oklahomamick on July 08, 2018, 09:04:06 PM
The box score of the last Suns summer league game showed Alec only played 15 minutes.  He did have 9 points and was 50% from 3 point land.  Is good or bad that he's only playing 15 minutes?

http://www.nba.com/games/20180707/PHXSAC#/boxscore

The Suns dressed 14 players. Alec had the 7th most minutes. It's also important to remember  that summer league games are only 40 minutes - not 48. His biggest negative was committing 3 fouls in his 15 minutes.

valpopal

Quote from: wh on July 08, 2018, 09:32:58 PM
Quote from: oklahomamick on July 08, 2018, 09:04:06 PM

http://www.nba.com/games/20180707/PHXSAC#/boxscore

The Suns dressed 14 players. Alec had the 7th most minutes. It's also important to remember  that summer league games are only 40 minutes - not 48. His biggest negative was committing 3 fouls in his 15 minutes.

Put in perspective, the starting PF for whom Alec subbed, Dragan Bender, played 24 minutes and scored 0 points, shot 0-5 (0-4 3-pt.).

VUSWIM08-12

One more game for PHX tonight at 8:30CT on NBA TV( until they start the summer league tournament in 2 days).  I watched a good portion of the 2 games so far . Offensively Alec is an NBA player no question, but he has trouble moving his feet on defense. If a guy has a decent handle he can get around Alec, and teams are figuring out how to expose him. I still think he should be able to come off the bench as the 8th or 9th man during the season . The first game he was passive , and I think he needs to take advantage of mismatches because he is a solid post player. Hopefully he gets 20 minutes tonight and puts in a solid showing!

wh

Alec had 0 points in 12 minutes last night.  Not what he needs right now (says Captain Obvious). 

http://www.nba.com/games/20180709/ORLPHX#/boxscore

vuny98

Quote from: wh on July 10, 2018, 02:09:03 PMAlec had 0 points in 12 minutes last night.  Not what he needs right now (says Captain Obvious). http://www.nba.com/games/20180709/ORLPHX#/boxscore

Only attempted 1 shot though. Didn't watch the game and obviously going off for 20+ points would help, but I'm sure context matters to say if it was a poor showing or not. Did he pass up a bunch of open shots? was he double teamed at the three point line? Were specific plays called to get other teammates shots?

valpolaw

I watched about 10 mins or so when Alec played last night during the first half against the Magic.  I didn't see him take any shots during that period so his shot attempt must have been in the second half.  He really didn't have any opportunities to score when I was watching and he didn't press to get any shots off because that isn't how he plays.  It was a lot of one on one type playing for the Suns and a lot of DeAndre Ayton. 

valpospartan

Seeing as AP's draft was over a year ago, how about if this thread goes away and posts about him appear in a new & more current thread?

VULB#62

Valpo84 just has to reply with a change of the subject to like  "Alec in the NBA."