• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #18 Valpo @ Loyola 1/15/19 7pm NBCSN Chicago/ESPN+

Started by VU2014, January 13, 2019, 11:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishDawg

Quote from: usc4valpo on January 17, 2019, 06:36:59 AM
I respectfully disagree IrishDawg. Sister Jean and her support bring us a to a perspective of what is important in life. I would rather hear interviews from Sister Jean than the same crap from Coach K, Roy Williams, Urban Mayer and Nick Saban. Loyola was a great great story and as a member of the MVC we should applaud their success.

Loyola was a great story, but there was more to it than Sister Jean. I'm not saying ignore her, because she does have wisdom and insight and was an entertaining interview. Again, it wasn't her fault for garnering all the media attention, because everyone goes for the easy puff piece, but it would have been nice to hear about someone other than Sister Jean during their run.

crusadermoe

What's good for Loyola this year is good for the MVC.    Our year to shine early is next year!   

For a reality check, KenPom ranks us #189.  We choked big in the non-conference.   Loyola is #85, SIU is #144...and it tumbles down really fast from there.

I love the idea that a top 3 seed is in reach for us.  But the MVC  needs Loyola strong  in the #1 slot this year.

VUGrad1314

valpospartan

I hereby move that this thread be taken down forthwith.  Do I hear a second?