• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Drake Game Thread, Wednesday, Feb. 19 – 7 p.m. CT (ESPN+)

Started by Valpower, February 18, 2020, 07:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vok22

Quote from: usc4valpo on February 23, 2020, 07:42:34 AM
Vok24 - totally disagree. The last 3 seasons have been mediocre. There has been improvement, but at the end the record has been around or below the .500 mark. That is the definition of mediocrity and we should want to strive for more than that.

Lottich is not the problem, it is the infrastructure at Valparaiso that is the problem. Valpo basketball has done more for the university than what the university has done for the basketball team. It is past time to pay the pauper.

I don't disagree necessarily. I just don't think we can already conclude that Lottich will be a consistently mediocre coach when we have players like Clay, Freeman, Krikke, and the recruits coming in all being freshman and sophomores on a team that will likely finish with a .500 league winning percentage.

Just Sayin

In Valpo's first year in the MVC:
In Conference: MVC was the 9th best conference according to KenPom

Valpo's Offensive Efficiency was 9th
Valpo's Defensvie Efficiency was 4th
eFG% 4th
2P% 4th
3P% 5th
FT% 7th

2019 MVC 15th Best Conference

OE 10th
DE  1st
eFG% 9th
2P% 5th
3Pt% 10th
FT% 8th

2020 To Date MVC 11th Best Conference

OE 7th
DE 6th
eFG% 6th
2Pt% 4th
3Pt% 9th
FT% 3rd

SanityLost17

This is the Drake game thread... 

Lets take a moment to remember how big this game would have been had we won it.   This game was a real missed opportunity and would have almost assuredly kept us out of Thursday and maybe even put us in the discussion for the 5 seed. 

I still think the refs hurt us in this one.   Short handed the last 9ish minutes of the 1st half and short handed in OT.  We played very well at all times we were not short handed at a gym that is very hard to win in.  Calls in this one really didn't go our way.  I am 100% confident on a neutral court we are better than Drake 8 out of 10 games. 

Drake's record really regressing this year compared to last year, and they returned most of their talent. Maybe we should put their coach on the hot seat as well.    Jacobson from UNI had a few really bad seasons in a row the last few years and this year their teams have had some really horrible halves.  I think they scored 19 points in the 1st half in their loss the other night.   Maybe put Jacobson on the hot seat as well because UNI doesn't have multiple bad seasons in a row followed by inconsistency from an experienced roster in a year they were supposed to dominate the MVC...   Forgot to add coach Ford from Missouri State to the list, they have talent and were supposed to be really good this year after catching fire last year and surprising everyone.   Lets also take a time machine back to when Porter Moser sucked at coaching for about a decade or more.   He must just be getting lucky lately.    <------   The sarcasm in this paragraph is THICK....and should be read as such.  Bottom line, winning is hard, and sometimes you get momentum and overachieve and sometimes everything goes wrong and the wheels come off.   #Lottich2022     Until then, just stop talking about it, at that moment we can decide how good or not good he is.   Still not enough info yet. 

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: SanityLost17 on February 23, 2020, 09:48:41 AM
This is the Drake game thread... 

Lets take a moment to remember how big this game would have been had we won it.   This game was a real missed opportunity and would have almost assuredly kept us out of Thursday and maybe even put us in the discussion for the 5 seed. 

I still think the refs hurt us in this one.   Short handed the last 9ish minutes of the 1st half and short handed in OT.  We played very well at all times we were not short handed at a gym that is very hard to win in.  Calls in this one really didn't go our way.  I am 100% confident on a neutral court we are better than Drake 8 out of 10 games. 

Drake's record really regressing this year compared to last year, and they returned most of their talent. Maybe we should put their coach on the hot seat as well.    Jacobson from UNI had a few really bad seasons in a row the last few years and this year their teams have had some really horrible halves.  I think they scored 19 points in the 1st half in their loss the other night.   Maybe put Jacobson on the hot seat as well because UNI doesn't have multiple bad seasons in a row followed by inconsistency from an experienced roster in a year they were supposed to dominate the MVC...   Forgot to add coach Ford from Missouri State to the list, they have talent and were supposed to be really good this year after catching fire last year and surprising everyone.   Lets also take a time machine back to when Porter Moser sucked at coaching for about a decade or more.   He must just be getting lucky lately.    <------   The sarcasm in this paragraph is THICK....and should be read as such.  Bottom line, winning is hard, and sometimes you get momentum and overachieve and sometimes everything goes wrong and the wheels come off.   #Lottich2022     Until then, just stop talking about it, at that moment we can decide how good or not good he is.   Still not enough info yet.

I don't care if he stays or goes as long as there's a defined plan of action (change for sake of change is a bs reason).  I think the only time where I really wanted him to go was the immediate aftermath of transfer gate, but since then I'm neutral on him.

That being said I wonder why you were so offended by these people posting their feelings?  I admit it gets a little old at times, but as long as we aren't talking about arc renovations I'll take this bull crap for a time!!!!

bbtds

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on February 19, 2020, 07:45:55 PM
Live by the 3, die by the 3.

So true. We blew Bradley away by the three (18). Sometimes this team can shoot very well.