• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

PFL Potential Spring Season

Started by JD24, November 23, 2020, 11:29:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWIGuy

Will be interesting to see if Valpo adds a non-conference game or 2 prior to start of 6-game PFL schedule.

vu84v2

What is going to be different in March and April than it was in September?

FWalum

Quote from: vu84v2 on November 23, 2020, 01:20:27 PM
What is going to be different in March and April than it was in September?
I didn't understand why the PFL stayed with the decision to not play a Fall season when so many of the conferences change their minds and played anyway.  I really thought that when the Big Ten reversed its decision that maybe the PFL would follow suit, but alas no dice.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

NotBryceDrew

No FCS conferences have played though. A few individual teams have put their own schedule together but that's it.

NWIGuy

Once the NCAA announced that there would still be a FCS Championship playoffs/tournament in the Spring, the vast majority of FCS conferences did not play. The Fall Semester should have provided a kind of "dry run" to how best to handle football and other sports in the current climate, not only by what happened at placed like Valpo where fall sports were not played, but also looking to the examples of other schools that did. Still going to be pretty precarious situation in the Spring with the possibilities of postponements, etc.

Turf and Grid Iron Dad

2021 Schedule is published on the FB Website.