• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs UIC 11/13 at noon

Started by bb33, November 13, 2021, 08:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bb33

First ever new thread.  Maybe it will change our luck around.  GO VALPO!!

justducky

Quote from: bb33 on November 13, 2021, 08:23:35 AM
First ever new thread.  Maybe it will change our luck around.  GO VALPO!!

If we win you will be declared king 33. After which you will be hoisted on our shoulders and carried around the ARC until we are all too dizzy to walk. Does beer settle dizziness?     ;)

VUSWIM08-12

Valpo @ -3.5 and the O/U is 130. UIC kept it competitive with Dayton. If we lose I'll probably overreact and watch the next game lol! Krikke playing ? I like Valpo to win and over 130

Valp 70
UIC 67

wh

wh

I want to see a little more Keyondre out there today! I hope it works out so he can.

hailcrusaders

#CrusadersForever

IndyEIT777

Why in the world is Eron Gordon playing all these minutes??? The dude can't hit a layup right now, he's turning it over, I don't know what he's bringing right now that Keyondre wouldn't be. Absolutely furious after that half.

VUSWIM08-12

We're bad real bad , if we can somehow win this! Gawd wtf...

a3uge

Edwards, Anderson, and Gordon are PAINFUL to watch.

tjjvalpo

We moved ball much better the first 10 minutes than the last 10 minutes. We are better than this. 1 of 8 shooting to end the half sucks!

Just Sayin

Is Matt hoping that Gordon will gain confidence and that's why he's in there making it very difficult to win? I don't get why he's even on the floor.

wh

Thomas is wearing a brace on his lower back on the bench.

Just Sayin

Glad we are scheduling these tough teams so we can learn what we are doing wrong.

JD24

Edwards is a good defensive player but he kills the team on offense. He'll make a shot once in a while but otherwise runs the offense out of the game way too often.

valpotx

Holy crap, that was bad.  Sheldon's decision making was terrible in the second half.  He keeps trying to take on 2-3 guys.  Especially on that second-to-last play in OT, did he think that the other defenders just magically disappear?  We just lost to UIC at home, not a good sign for the rest of the season.
"Don't mess with Texas"

mj

This isn't a bad team. But it's not a good team either. We had an opportunity to win and Edwards blew it.
I believe that we will win.

IndyEIT777

It has never been more clear to me that Lottich is way over his head and needs to get out!!! Why was Gordon in the game all that time? He couldn't hit a layup and Keyondre comes in and knocks down his first shot. For all those blaming Sheldon, at least he makes a true impact on defense.

That said, Lottich's defensive scheme sucks. We would've gotten blown out had UIC been making all the wide open 3s they were getting particularly in the first half.

We have way too much talent on this team to be losing these games...we need a new leader at the helm.

a3uge

Quote from: mj on November 13, 2021, 02:04:06 PM
This isn't a bad team. But it's not a good team either. We had an opportunity to win and Edwards blew it.
This is a bad team. Bad teams lose to UIC at home.

valpopal

We now have a new mascot at basketball games, though some may have missed him on the sidelines since he is not apparent to all and may simply seem a void: the Invisible Man, an appropriate choice to represent the blank space in the team's win column.

valpotx

I also don't understand why Young isn't given more playing time.  I haven't seen anything negative with him in his limited PT, but Matt seemed to indicate after the second exhibition, that he was only giving him PT essentially as a favor, due to how he recruited him to come to Valpo.  That was a very weird response to PO, where he seemed to be joking, but he also continues to leave him on the bench.
"Don't mess with Texas"

JD24

Gordon's not doing anything and Anderson seems to be a bit limited. That would be two spots I think maybe too many minutes are being allocated to. I thought Taylor played well today but he missed that three late when he had a real good look.

a3uge

Lottich needs to go. Not getting a 2 for 1 at the end of the 1st half but still settling for a terrible contested deep 3 was coaching malpractice. This is after Kithier didn't get a shot in the last few possessions. The saddest part was Valpo didn't play down to UIC... UIC looked like the better, more talented team. If this is excusable, Valpo should ask the Horizon if they'll take them back.

Quote from: valpotx on November 13, 2021, 02:28:53 PM
I also don't understand why Young isn't given more playing time.  I haven't seen anything negative with him in his limited PT, but Matt seemed to indicate after the second exhibition, that he was only giving him PT essentially as a favor, due to how he recruited him to come to Valpo.  That was a very weird response to PO, where he seemed to be joking, but he also continues to leave him on the bench.

He is this year's Ognacovic

justducky

Quote from: a3uge on November 13, 2021, 02:09:27 PMThis is a bad team. Bad teams lose to UIC at home.

It was absolutely great to finally return to the ARC and watch in person. The live perspective is much different than viewing ESPN+. From my program roster list I see that UIC has 4 seniors and 5 grads and their experience showed in their play. I saw a lot of good basketball and not that many early season mistakes.

We also have a lot of talent and experience. We are still not at full strength but played 11 guys who deserve minutes.  :o Wow!

Quick takes.  Barrett looked ok! DeAveiro could eventually be a star but needs some bulk for defense! The Kithier, Cory Johnson comparisons are legitimate but Thomas may be better as a Jr than Cory was as a Sr! Our go-to-players are still figuring out who should get the key shots. When we get to a full roster Gordon, Taylor and Anderson will lose near equal minutes of playing time.

IndyEIT777

Quote from: justducky on November 13, 2021, 03:38:57 PM
Quote from: a3uge on November 13, 2021, 02:09:27 PMThis is a bad team. Bad teams lose to UIC at home.

It was absolutely great to finally return to the ARC and watch in person. The live perspective is much different than viewing ESPN+. From my program roster list I see that UIC has 4 seniors and 5 grads and their experience showed in their play. I saw a lot of good basketball and not that many early season mistakes.

We also have a lot of talent and experience. We are still not at full strength but played 11 guys who deserve minutes.  :o Wow!

Quick takes.  Barrett looked ok! DeAveiro could eventually be a star but needs some bulk for defense! The Kithier, Cory Johnson comparisons are legitimate but Thomas may be better as a Jr than Cory was as a Sr! Our go-to-players are still figuring out who should get the key shots. When we get to a full roster Gordon, Taylor and Anderson will lose near equal minutes of playing time.

I agree with you about Gordon needing to lose some minutes, but Taylor has been our 2nd best player through 2 games, I don't think he's going to get minutes taken away. As for Trevor, him and Darius are the only true point guards on the team so Ben and Kobe coming in really aren't going to affect point guard minutes.

I do want to see what happens with the minutes per game as the season progresses, only 6 players had double digit minutes which they all played at least 28 minutes. Eron Gordon at the very least should not be out there for 29 minutes, Keyondre has way more potential and Lottich used the hurt thumb excuse, but clearly it's not hurting that bad where Keyondre can still hit 3s.

oklahomamick

I understand why the fantactics can't see it or believe it. 

But Vegas is blind to it too. 

Flames plus 150 moneyline.  Easy money. 
CRUSADERS!!!