• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Beacons vs EMU Eagles 12/20 6pm at the ARC

Started by humbleopinion, December 20, 2021, 02:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbleopinion

Another chance for the team to work into a cohesive unit. I hope these last games allow the team to find its flow before conference play after New Year's.
Beamin' Beacons

VUSWIM08-12

Line has moved in Valpos favor from -6.5 to -8, I'm wary of that but wish we'd win by 15+. Krikke needs to get it back together like he did against Drake !

VU 74
EMU 63

Just Sayin

Valpo's Offensive Efficiency is 2points better over 100 possessions
Valpo's Defensive Efficiency is 4 points better over 100 possessions

Valpo shoots better, EFG% 50.9% vs 46.6%
We turn the ball over fewer times than EMU
We both suck in offensive rebounding, EMU very slightly better
3Pt% = Even
2Pt% = Valpo 52.85%, EMU 45.4%
FT% = Valpo 73.2%, EMU 70.6%

NativeCheesehead

For those worried about the mask mandate, don't. They're not remotely enforcing it. For the record, I'd be here with or without the mandate, but when you make this big a deal out of it and don't enforce it you just look dumb.

hailcrusaders

1-9 from three.........will we keep shooting from deep? Will they ever fall?
#CrusadersForever

NativeCheesehead

Another pretty solid defensive half. Another uninspired offensive half of chucking the ball at the rim. Can't say we're not consistent.

VUSWIM08-12

Lottich doesn't know how to put a group of guys together quickly , I think by Arch Madness we'll be playing good basketball but this is dog  :censored:. We play down to our competition and this is simply bad . We're also  missing shots. I said it last season and I'll say it again . I think our Strength coach puts too much on these guys and their shots are off, heavy strength training should be in the summer and early fall, otherwise maintenance and game recovery!

nkvu

We could get a good start on building a new arena with all the bricks we lay from three.

VUSWIM08-12

MATT LOTTICH IS TERRIBLE , no idea how to play guys , letting one guy beat us , HOW BAD DOES IT HAVE TO GET MLB ??? Makes no difference if we win or lose ML is not the future. This is a horrible performance thus far. The lack of forum engagement is also a consequence of a bad team which is evident IMO. Planning a weekend trip Jan 2nd but wow IDK

VUSWIM08-12

covufan

Who are these guys?  After being down 10, the Beacs go on a 12-0 run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

valpotx

I was ready to start posting on another crappy loss, but a nice 12-0 run has given me some hope!
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

I don't care how hot you are, don't ever f'ing take a step back 3 again, without setting both your feet and shoulders...
"Don't mess with Texas"

covufan

Quote from: valpotx on December 20, 2021, 07:26:51 PM
I was ready to start posting on another crappy loss, but a nice 12-0 run has given me some hope!

valpotx

Preston is a Seth Colclasure composure and defense guy, but just doesn't shoot? 
"Don't mess with Texas"

hailcrusaders

Credit where credit is due.....I didn't think our guys would pull this one out. Taylor was huge down the stretch, Kithier and R were great late as well
#CrusadersForever

valpotx

Exactly.  You have to give credit to Lottich, as even though Taylor became hot, his decision to deny Farrakhan any type of free space by those defending him, changed the game.  He saw that the other players weren't doing anything, so take it out of the guy's hands that is doing something, and make the others beat you.
"Don't mess with Texas"

nkvu

That was a refreshing change of pace. Down double digits in the second half yet came back to win going away by double digits. Once they figured out how to guard Eastern's point guard and hit a couple of three's in a row, they looked like a different team. If they just shoot decent from three they have a chance. Hopefully this will give them some confidence going forward.

justducky

King is obviously still rusty and will require patience. In January he should start to explode!

Speaking of rusty, Ruedinger suits up and is immediately handed 24 minutes. Very impressive play and his speciality (the 3 point shot) wasn't even attempted. Wait -----that is his specialty isn't it? Can't even remember!

Does every walk on get 24 minutes the first time they suit up?  :)

hailcrusaders

EMU took a 47-36 lead with 12:06 to play, our guys outscored them 31-8 after that point. Might actually be the best stretch of ball we've played all season.
#CrusadersForever

covufan

Quote from: hailcrusaders on December 20, 2021, 08:01:32 PM
EMU took a 47-36 lead with 12:06 to play, our guys outscored them 31-8 after that point. Might actually be the best stretch of ball we've played all season.
Maybe since Peters injury

AB

Good stretch of ball down the stretch against a bad team. Eastern's bigs give them no offense, stone hands. Chemistry is still a work in progress on offense for brown and gold.

covufan

Quote from: justducky on December 20, 2021, 07:58:54 PM
King is obviously still rusty and will require patience. In January he should start to explode!

Speaking of rusty, Ruedinger suits up and is immediately handed 24 minutes. Very impressive play and his speciality (the 3 point shot) wasn't even attempted. Wait -----that is his specialty isn't it? Can't even remember!

Does every walk on get 24 minutes the first time they suit up?  :)
Is this the first game that Ruedinger (Rudy!) was eligible to suit up?

humbleopinion

Quote from: covufan on December 20, 2021, 09:11:59 PMIs this the first game that Ruedinger (Rudy!) was eligible to suit up?

He has suited up all season.  Evidently they decided not to pursue a redshirt for him -- maybe because Slim will be going for a medical redhsirt.

Is there something wrong with Darius?
Beamin' Beacons

justducky

Quote from: covufan on December 20, 2021, 09:11:59 PMIs this the first game that Ruedinger (Rudy!) was eligible to suit up?

I think Todd said he was injured in that exhibition game. In the absence of any information I had kind of written him off.

1 Eron played only 11 minutes and should stay near that figure.
2 My mistake. Preston did take and miss one shot which was a 3. Otherwise he played solid defense with 3 rebounds, 4 assists and no TO's. Whose playing time does he grab and will he be able to hold it?
3 Seven King rebounds and only 8 total TO's for the team. :thumbsup:
4 Looks like about 6 minutes with Krikke and Kithier on the floor together. Does the kind of low number continue?