• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Beacons vs EMU Eagles 12/20 6pm at the ARC

Started by humbleopinion, December 20, 2021, 02:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justducky

Quote from: humbleopinion on December 20, 2021, 09:27:18 PMmaybe because Slim will be going for a medical redhsirt.

Is this announced fact or speculation? Can you refresh me on the injury?

tjjvalpo

After the game, Luke Gore said that they were short handed without Darius and Slim. The plan was to red shirt Preston, but because of injuries they needed him. personally, I love everything about this kid. Taking Sheldon out, putting him in and then having King guard Noah is when everything turned around for us.  I think his energy is contagious. Also, it helped that Taylor and Anderson started hitting their threes, but The ball was moving much better on offense then, as well. Preston had a lot to do with that.

Old Timer

Anything can happen coming off a finals week. Sometime it is difficult to get quality practice time with all of your players. Eastern Michigan's record was above 500 and was a quality opponent for such a contest. Looking at their roster it was obvious that we could have a match up problem with their three guard attack. We appeared a little sluggish and were out hustled in the first half and not getting back on defense. Improved second half with less players in the rotation. EMU number 5 a freshman took us to school early in the second half. When King was switched on him he was forced to play against a bigger and more athletic player and never got past 17 points. Good spark provided by Taylor. In the second half we had little continuity in lineup with players being pulled every dead ball. Interesting at 3:30? time out Gore sent King into the game and controlled the huddle. Matt was with assistants by scorers bench. A win after finals break is always a good win.

vusupporter

Quote from: Old Timer on December 20, 2021, 10:58:02 PM
In the second half we had little continuity in lineup with players being pulled every dead ball.

After the 12:42 mark, we made four subs: Krikke for Kithier at 5:52, Gordon for King at 4:11, and reversed both those subs at the under-4 media.

wh

tjjvalpo

I can't help but wonder how many more games we would have won, if Preston had played in our first 11 games this year. Glad to see that they decided not to red shirt him. He is impressive and I thought that was the case in the two exhibition games, as well. Our team just got better!

humbleopinion

Quote from: justducky on December 20, 2021, 09:38:37 PM
Quote from: humbleopinion on December 20, 2021, 09:27:18 PMmaybe because Slim will be going for a medical redhsirt.

Is this announced fact or speculation? Can you refresh me on the injury?

Luke said that it is a thumb injury, that it will take time to heal, and that they are considering a redshirt for him.

BTW, he also mentioned that Emil has been dealing with Lyme disease, and he (Emil) is expected to be back this season.
Beamin' Beacons

SanityLost17

Weird year to be a true freshman or a returning sophomore for that matter....

There is a part of me that wishes the NCAA never granted that extra year so we could see what we really have in our frosh/soph class.     

Sure we wouldn't have guys like Gordon, Anderson, and Kevion (and probably no King?) but other teams would be without important/impact players as well.

If Young doesn't get a medical redshirt playing him this year will be a big waste.    To a certain extent waiting this long for Preston to start playing also feels like a waste.   

Part of me wants to know how we would have competed with a young talented roster in a valley not impacted by the "free" year and all the transfering and retention of players that caused around the entirety of the NCAA landscape.   

Just Sayin

..................................Q1   Q2   Q3   Q4...   T
Eastern Michiga ...........16   12    21     6...   55
Valparaiso...................15    11   18    23...   67

wh

The sound system seemed clearer BY FAR last night. After all the appeals over all the years falling on deaf ears (pun intended), I'm by no means ready to announce that the sound system is fixed. It could be just as likely that someone accidently kicked a speaker or tripped on a loose wire and brought something back to life for a brief moment. Time will tell.

I'M HOPING TO HEAR FROM OTHERS IN ATTENDANCE. Did anyone else notice a difference?

I'M ALSO HOPING TO HEAR FROM BRANDON OR ANOTHER ARC INSIDER who actually knows.

covufan

Please tell me that when Ruedinger enters the game they'll play a short video of 'Rudy' being hoisted in the movie to chants of Rudy, Rudy...

Gotta get fans involved.

Just win, baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk