• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

A simple request

Started by humbleopinion, January 05, 2013, 07:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbleopinion

For some reason the scoreboards no longer post the player who has committed a foul and the number of fouls on the player.  The screen on the scoreboard over the court is never up to date (you have to add whatever just happened to what is posted).  There have been times when I haven't heard the announcer say who was charged with the foul, so I didn't know the foul situation.  There is a slot for the information on the end-of-the-court scoreboards, and any high school scoreboard posts the info, so why has it been discontinued at the ARC?

My request, post the foul situation on the scoreboard.
Beamin' Beacons

valporun

Is this information potentially a conference rule? They might not allow picture information on video boards, but on the boards that just show the time, score, fouls, timeouts, and such, you might be able to do that. In terms of the announcing of the fouls and such, that I couldn't tell you, since I can't hear John Bowker over the audio on the internet.

Valpo89

I have the same complaint. Sometimes I miss the foul call when the official flashes the number of the player because they do it so quickly. And then, of course, is the issue of not understanding John Bowker due to the sound system. And if you're not familiar with the names of the players on the other team, again it's hard to understand him. So yes, I would like to see a return of the Player Number and Number of fouls on the end zone scoreboards. Not sure why they stopped doing it. I can't imagine that it's a conference rule, that would be silly.

HC

In the upper tank we can understand him pretty well. That #4 for CSU needed the refs from the Loyola game, he would've lasted longer.

agibson

Yeah, up in BB I felt pretty well apprised of who was getting called for fouls, from John's announcements.  But, if they could also be posted on the scoreboard (and, indeed, if the scoreboards could be kept a little more up to date) so much the better.

letsgovu

I'm surprised that the scoreboard operators performance isn't better by now.  I kinda understood it last year since the scoreboard was new, but I agree that it still takes way too long for updating, even the players on the court are still wrong.  I end up just forgetting about the middle scoreboard and looking at the two old style ones at each side of the building.

valporun

Is some of the scoreboard operating issue potentially due to getting the new system for HLN HD broadcasts situated with the scoreboard graphic, and the new, improved replay ability that we have? It could be causing conflict between the two as well. Just putting another suggestion to why the "performance" of the operator has been troubling.

humbleopinion

Quote from: letsgovu on January 07, 2013, 07:35:44 AM
I'm surprised that the scoreboard operators performance isn't better by now.  I kinda understood it last year since the scoreboard was new, but I agree that it still takes way too long for updating, even the players on the court are still wrong.  I end up just forgetting about the middle scoreboard and looking at the two old style ones at each side of the building.
Exactly.  The side scoreboards are the boards that no longer show the player and number of fouls.
Beamin' Beacons