• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Anyone recognize what all 18 of these teams have in common (as of 2/13/13)?

Started by valpo95, February 13, 2013, 01:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo95

Quick quiz:

What do all these teams have in common? (By the way, this would be a pretty impressive Sweet 16 for 2013...)

Butler
Duke
Kansas
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
Michigan State
Indiana
Michigan
Memphis
Valparaiso
Wichita State
Creighton
New Mexico
Arizona
Belmont
Florida
Stephen F. Austin
Gonzaga
St. Marys
Louisiana Tech
Middle Tennessee State
Bucknell

Kyle321n

20 wins
2 or less home losses
.500 or better on the road+neutral court
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

chef

valpo95

Actually, I missed Indiana, St. Marys, Bucknell and Middle Tennesee St. when I put the list together.  So yes, it is 20+ wins.  (It wasn't intended to be difficult!)

As a fan, it is nice for Valpo to be included in a list of such programs.

chef

I believe Valpo, Miami, Bucknell, Louisiana Tech, and Stephen F. Austin are the only schools in the country that have at least 8 road wins this year. There are many teams in the top 25 that have won 2 or 3 road games all season. Most of the majors play every non-conference game at home or at a neutral sight tournament. It's not unusual to see a school like Syracuse to play 20 + home games in a season.

valpocleveland

I would say we have 19.5 wins. Why do we play non Div 1 opponents? Are the Calumet coach and Bryce friends?

agibson

Closest basketball team to campus?

Struggling to fill the Butler gap at the last minute?

Doesn't hurt our RPI like beating Chicago State?

vuweathernerd

Quote from: chef on February 14, 2013, 08:47:25 AM
I believe Valpo, Miami, Bucknell, Louisiana Tech, and Stephen F. Austin are the only schools in the country that have at least 8 road wins this year. There are many teams in the top 25 that have won 2 or 3 road games all season. Most of the majors play every non-conference game at home or at a neutral sight tournament. It's not unusual to see a school like Syracuse to play 20 + home games in a season.

i heard somewhere that there were roughly 16ish schools with 8 road wins, but hadn't seen a list. so i just assumed this was it.

agibson

You can add Gonazga, but the 8th came only last night at St. Mary's.

MTSU's been there for a while.  Southern Miss.  Lehigh.  Stony Brook has 10 (maybe tied for the most?).  Vermont.  Bryant.  Northeastern.  College of Charleston.  Albany.

That's 15.  I checked the top 100 RPI more or less systematically, and spot checks of other teams with a bunch of win.  I could have missed a couple.