• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

11/30/13 Valpo vs Cincinnati Christian 7:05 pm

Started by valpopal, November 30, 2013, 10:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

classof2014

I think Valpo wins this one. 78 to 62. Lot of minutes for Nick and David. Guessing the guys will be exhausted from last night's thriller.

a3uge

Valpo wins by 40 in a double overtime game.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

a3uge

truth219

David Chadwick was the high point man tonight against and NAIA opponent. He actually looked good on offensive. He is absolutely dreadful on defense. If him and vashil put in a lot of work this summer and get some playing time this season they could be alright next season. Vashil jumps in attempting to block shots, instead of just standing straight up. That is where he gets a majority of his fouls. It still would be nice to get a solid transfer for next season. Georgetown just dismissed a forward who is either going to transfer or try to go pro. Nick Davidson is raw, personally I think his jersey might be to tight. Clay Yeo looked awesome tonight. His shot was there and his defense.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

HC

I haven't see anyone besides Lexus and Yeo who can stay in front of thei opponent when Valpo goes man. Peters was pretty awful last night when Valpo went man(he is the main one sticking out in my clouded memory after getting beat 3ish times on back cuts).

Defiantly agree with Vashil. Dude jumps at any kind of shot fake (even when there isn't one sometimes). He's gotta be about 9'10" when he just puts his hands up!

valpopal

Not much to learn from such a mismatch, but it was good to get some of the starters a bit of rest and give others more minutes of experience. Chadwick played well and showed some promise for the future, as seen below, while Lexus threw himself all over the place as he has done all year. In fact, I think we may have to bring back the "Diebler Meter" that students once used to keep track of the times Jake hit the floor in each game. Lexus seems in the same league when it comes to floor time, as seen in the photo below where he was knocked to the floor after a hard foul.

After a busy weekend, I have finally uploaded a set of 21 photos from the game, including the two below, at the following link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/96208998@N05/sets/72157638271846794/

LaPorteAveApostle

God bless you for making us expatriates feel like we were there.  Thanks again.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa