• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game 34 Florida State Seminoles @ the ARC in 37 hrs 45 minutes

Started by VUSWIM08-12, March 15, 2016, 11:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agibson

Quote from: justducky on March 18, 2016, 12:07:45 PMHis 3 point shot is an adventure. I glanced after the game and his % still stands near 58% but when he misses it is often an air ball.

I love watching him take the shot - his motion is _so_ _slow_. He mostly only tries when has five seconds to set it up, and obviously mostly takes completely wide open shots. Keep it up!

agibson

Quote from: swiftmutiny on March 18, 2016, 11:26:14 AM
Quote from: Just Sayin on March 18, 2016, 11:11:43 AM
Was Bryce sending a message to Vashil that if you want playing time, you've gotta stop fouling? After his fourth foul, he never played again.
It could be, but I think it was more that Jubril (other than his own foul troubles) was playing fantastic basketball. He played with a lot of energy and was hitting his shots. Then once Jubril fouled out, it was close enough to the end of the game that I don't think Bryce wanted FSU to play hack-a-Vashil.

Bryce has demonstrated that he often likes to play a very short rotation, even keeping in the same five, late in games. I suspect that was also a factor.

Kyle321n

Quote from: agibson on March 18, 2016, 12:26:46 PM
Quote from: swiftmutiny on March 18, 2016, 11:26:14 AM
Quote from: Just Sayin on March 18, 2016, 11:11:43 AM
Was Bryce sending a message to Vashil that if you want playing time, you've gotta stop fouling? After his fourth foul, he never played again.
It could be, but I think it was more that Jubril (other than his own foul troubles) was playing fantastic basketball. He played with a lot of energy and was hitting his shots. Then once Jubril fouled out, it was close enough to the end of the game that I don't think Bryce wanted FSU to play hack-a-Vashil.

Bryce has demonstrated that he often likes to play a very short rotation, even keeping in the same five, late in games. I suspect that was also a factor.

Not only that, but FSU was playing small against us (or smaller than they would normally) so when Jubril fouled out, it made sense to bring in Darien, instead of Jubril, because we'd have trouble keeping with their smaller "bigs".
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

valpo64

Give alot of credit to Jubril...after a couple of early very poor 3 pt attempts, he had the confidence to  keep shooting when the opportunity came...I'm sure that Bryce has instilled that in him...that's what good coaching is all about...overall a great effort, playing with confidence as we went deep into the bench again and , except when Carter was out, the guys played well.  It looks like T Walker is not yet fully back into his game but hopefully by next Tue he will be  back at full speed

HC

Jubril only missed one three, granted he missed it by a mile.

oklahomamick

Quote from: HC on March 18, 2016, 02:02:50 PMJubril only missed one three, granted he missed it by a mile.

I think Jubril has added the 3 to his game over the summer.  Remember when he came to Valpo his mid-range and certainly 3 point shot was non existent.  Even though Jubril started as a freshman his game has improved a lot.  Good work.
CRUSADERS!!!

justducky

Quote from: HC on March 18, 2016, 02:02:50 PMJubril only missed one three, granted he missed it by a mile.
2 miles!    :o

Quote from: oklahomamick on March 18, 2016, 02:13:25 PMI think Jubril has added the 3 to his game over the summer.  Remember when he came to Valpo his mid-range and certainly 3 point shot was non existent.
Jubril took a lot of 3's his freshman year. As that season progressed his green light for taking them was pulled because he was only hitting about 23% from distance. One of our recruitment promises was that he get a chance at the 3 position and he got a shot at it but was unimpressive. We needed a bulkier backup 4 and 5 last year and thats what he did. As a sophomore I think he might of only taken a few shot clock desperation 3's for the season  ???

bbtds

Quote from: swiftmutiny on March 18, 2016, 11:26:14 AMThen once Jubril fouled out, it was close enough to the end of the game that I don't think Bryce wanted FSU to play hack-a-Vashil.

But I don't think FSU would have played "hack-a-Vashil" because he had made 4 FTs in a row prior to getting his 4th foul.