• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #8 - Utah State 7:00pm Tuesday 11/28 @ The ARC

Started by VULB#62, November 26, 2017, 08:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2014

The student broadcast said it's a lighter crowd tonight...

VU2014

Can we get some crisp passes... jeez we need to cut down on these turnovers. They are all due to lack of focus.

VU2014

A terrible 1st half for Bradford. Bad passes and dumb fouls.

VU2014

This game shouldn't as close at is. 34-31 Valpo up.

Bad 1st half for Valpo (a few good moments) but credit Utah State for hitting their 3s. We need to defend the 3 point line better get those long rebounds to prevent 2nd chance points.

We're letting them hang around.

Valpower

Quote from: VU2014 on November 28, 2017, 07:48:15 PM
A terrible 1st half for Bradford. Bad passes and dumb fouls.
Lots of bad passing today and I'm still scratching my head about Hazen. We've been winning with him still trying to find himself, but he'd better get over the hump soon.

valpolaw

So many dumb mistakes. This shouldn't be this close

bigmosmithfan1

Anyone else's ESPN3 buffering constantly? This is maddening. Never happened before.

SanityLost17

1.  Walker is one of the 5 best players in the league.  Without Question.

2. Burton seems lazy on both offense and defense?   Lazy or hurt? 

3. We are playing really bad IMO.   Really sloppy. 

Valpower

This is the most frustrating 8-0 team I've ever rooted for.

valpolaw

A win is a win, but lots to work on and too many mistakes

bigmosmithfan1

Solid win over a Mountain West opponent tonight. Made the plays when it mattered. Great games from Tevonn and Jaume, clutch game-salting FTs from Evelyn. I agree that we missed some opportunities to put the game away, but you had told me an 8-0 start with all the new players, man, I'd be happy. This team is deep with talent. 

Let's go get Purdue.

VUSL98

Typical slow start.  Not so typical quick finish.  Worry about teams that can shoot the three and get back in a game toward the end.

Where did Linnsen go?  I liked his attitude in the first half.  He plays with intensity.

VUfan

govalpogo

Well what did I enjoy tonight?  I enjoyed that we won.  I appreciated the play of Walker and Sorolla (and Marty!).  Otherwise I think a week of practice with coach Lottich will be very much needed for our guys. 

We all conceded to growing pains this year, I for one, am glad we can experience those pains and continue to win games.  No moral victories for us thus far, only the real ones! 

Valpo and Duke at 8-0, not too shabby for my Alma Maters  ;D.

a3uge

Still can't get over the ref who called a foul on Golder's clean block, and then T'd him up.

EddieCabot

Quote from: a3uge on November 28, 2017, 09:14:10 PM
Still can't get over the ref who called a foul on Golder's clean block, and then T'd him up.

That was a brutal call, dude!

hailcrusaders

Starting to see shades of 2016 Vashil in Sorolla's defense!

Otherwise, we've got to clean up the turnovers and defensive rebounding as a team. A win with room to improve.
#CrusadersForever

Smj

Before each of the last few games I have said - "this will be a tester for them" and then they pull out a win....

Way to go team!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

govalpogo

Also a terrible beat on a missed free throw for the betting community!   ::)  Spread was Valpo by 7.5.  Those folks sure do tweet alot!

FieldGoodie05

wh

I almost never give the other team credit (not in my nature), but I do have to say for a team with less size, bulk and depth, they matched blow for blow and played with amazing intensity right to the final gun. To their credit we were never able to impose our will late in the game like some of our other opponents. That said, any team that jacks up 33 3's in 40 minutes at the D-1 level never deserves to win that game.

valpotx

Good win, in spite of some difficulties.  Great to see Sorolla coming to life, getting back to his first half of last season form.  Glad that I am an eternal optimist with Valpo, and chose the 8-0 on the poll!
"Don't mess with Texas"