• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Wednesday, 2/7 7pm @Evansville ESPN3

Started by Billy Co, February 05, 2018, 04:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2014

We're underdogs tonight according to the betting lines even with Dru Smith out for Evansville with injury.

https://twitter.com/MichaelOsipoff/status/961395341953204224

NativeCheesehead

I really think a game like this is a good indicator of whether we're reloading for next season or rebuilding for 19-20.

M

Ok, I've seen about enough of Kiser and Bradford for tonight.

M

Walker's was definitely not a charge 😡

FieldGoodie05

NativeCheesehead

Jeez does Lottich need to stand up for his guys.

nkvu

Quote from: M on February 07, 2018, 07:29:59 PM
Walker's was definitely not a charge 😡

Neither was Bradford's.

I guess it's ok to slide in front of drivers if you're wearing white tonight.

VU2014

I feel like I've been complaining too much about the officiating lately but holy hell it's been atrocious against Valpo. Is there some kind of bias against the new school in the conference?

Seriously some of these calls are complete garbage.

M

Baseline ref was going to call a block but let the outside ref overrule him. Frustrating for sure, that's 2-5 points we missed out on.

FWalum

Officiating has been crap.  Walker's offensive foul wasn't even close. The last offensive foul against Bradford, the replay showed the guys feet weren't  even on the court. Pretty hard to be stationary when you don't have both feet planted.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

bbtds

Another typical game for Valpo at Evansville. Large foul discrepancy, 12-5, more than double the fouls. Ticky tack fouls called on Valpo. Charges called on Valpo. Taylor gets away with a foul when he blocks Sorolla but nails him with the body. We just hardly ever get the benefit of any calls. Has anyone seen these refs before in our other conference games? It's incredible how this happens game after game in this conference.

VUBBFan

Have watched a few other Valley games and one thing seemed constant: Home teams get all the favorable calls. Any one have any stats on foul calls for home teams vs away teams?

jloose128

I recall us not getting all the favorable calls when we hosted Evansville, something about a getting choked Max Joseph fouling someone with his head.

nkvu

And Walker picks up his third foul before five minutes in the second half.

Making sure he is a non factor tonight.

VUBBFan

I agree we have been hosed at home from the refs but what I'm saying is look at other Valley on Valley games. Home teams rule in certain towns.

nkvu

With Walker on the bench we have no one that can even slow Taylor down even a little.

mj

So maybe we could try guarding Taylor....
I believe that we will win.

bigmosmithfan1

Maybe we could make an in-game adjustment at some point this season, fellas.

FieldGoodie05

This team can't consistently win with our only two upperclassmen playing this badly.  Hate to say it, but our offense seems more fluid with Walker and Tevonn on the bench.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: jloose128 on February 07, 2018, 08:05:08 PM
I recall us not getting all the favorable calls when we hosted Evansville, something about a getting choked Max Joseph fouling someone with his head.

Consider that many of our fouls are hard to miss.  We foul like freshmen, hard and uncoordinated.  Hard to NOT call many of our fouls.

valporun

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on February 07, 2018, 08:22:56 PM
This team can't consistently win with our only two upperclassmen playing this badly.  Hate to say it, but our offense seems more fluid with Walker and Tevonn on the bench.

If you have Walker and Tevonn on the bench, you realize that's one person you're replacing with someone probably not playing up to par at the same time, right?

VU2014

We're in one of our patented scoring droughts the last 5:18... but Eville scoreless the last 3:18

bigmosmithfan1

Actually, someone needs to see if VU can patent the five-minute second-half scoring drought. I mean, if we're going to do this night after night, we might as well get royalties off it when other teams copy it, right?