• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Wednesday, 2/7 7pm @Evansville ESPN3

Started by Billy Co, February 05, 2018, 04:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nkvu

O - 9 from 3 in the second half.

Hard to stay in the game that way.

bigmosmithfan1

How do we have an entire team of basketball players who can't shoot?

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: valporun on February 07, 2018, 08:27:19 PM
Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on February 07, 2018, 08:22:56 PM
This team can't consistently win with our only two upperclassmen playing this badly.  Hate to say it, but our offense seems more fluid with Walker and Tevonn on the bench.

If you have Walker and Tevonn on the bench, you realize that's one person you're replacing with someone probably not playing up to par at the same time, right?

Elaborate

mj

Do we know why Hazen doesn't play anymore? Surely he could better than Kiser.
I believe that we will win.

valporun

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on February 07, 2018, 08:35:17 PM
This team can't consistently win with our only two upperclassmen playing this badly.  Hate to say it, but our offense seems more fluid with Walker and Tevonn on the bench.

If you have Walker and Tevonn on the bench, you realize that's one person you're replacing with someone probably not playing up to par at the same time, right?

Elaborate

Tevonn is Walker...Tevonn Walker.

bigmosmithfan1

Look, all credit to his heart on this, but yeah, Kiser limping up and down the floor is our best option right now?

bigmosmithfan1

That should have been a 4-point play with Golder.

M

Another missed call that could've led to another point. We are up to 2-6 points the refs straight cost us.

I'm encouraged we've been in more games. Learning to win isn't easy. Once we win a game or two like like this (and it might not happen this year) these guys will get it going.

mj

NativeCheesehead

This team makes too many mistakes and turns the ball over WAY too much to complain about the refs.

M

It was unfortunate...he took a bad one earlier too. From hero to zero on that shot.

VUCPB alum

The team should open up a pastry shop, the specialty would be turnovers...

nkvu

Competed to the end with a chance to tie but just haven't got anybody who can hit a key shot with the game on the line.

Maybe next year we might win a game or two like that.

But deserved or not it's hard to overcome a 23 to 5 free throw disparity. Either we have to figure out how to cut down on the fouls we commit or we have to sell the plays that could be fouls on the other team better so we can get some calls.

bigmosmithfan1

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: valporun on February 07, 2018, 08:39:05 PM
Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on February 07, 2018, 08:35:17 PM

Elaborate

Tevonn is Walker...Tevonn Walker.

Oh boy!  Less tequila, meant Joseph.  Sheeesh

bbtds

Quote from: bigmosmithfan1 on February 07, 2018, 08:39:05 PM
Look, all credit to his heart on this, but yeah, Kiser limping up and down the floor is our best option right now?

I know you love to complain about Kiser but I don't think you could complain about him too much tonight. Kiser had 8 points which is more than Sorolla, Smits, Walker and Tevonn  ;) combined. 

valpotx

We suuuuuuucccccckkkkkkkkk sooooo baddddddd.  I keep watching, but this team is so annoying to watch, when you can't stand teams that don't play with any sort of fundamentals.
"Don't mess with Texas"

justducky

Our losses are getting a little easier to watch. Not sure if that means we are playing better or if I am simply getting used to losing.  :o

VUSL98

Is anyone keeping track of missed dunks?

valpopal

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on February 07, 2018, 07:47:25 PM
Jeez does Lottich need to stand up for his guys.

Foul shots 23-5 in favor of Evansville, 18 more in a 4-point game; twice as many fouls called on Valpo 22-11.

mj

Quote from: bbtds on February 07, 2018, 09:05:21 PMI know you love to complain about Kiser but I don't think you could complain about him too much tonight. Kiser had 8 points which is more than Sorolla, Smits, Walker and Tevonn  ;) combined. 

And he lead the team in rebounds.

nkvu

Quote from: VUSL98 on February 07, 2018, 09:08:35 PM
Is anyone keeping track of missed dunks?

I don't know, but at least Sorolla got that last one over the front of the rim. (I'm looking really hard for improvement here)

bbtds

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on February 07, 2018, 08:57:44 PM
This team makes too many mistakes and turns the ball over WAY too much to complain about the refs.

I think a 7 foul difference in the first half and a 4 foul difference in the second half, 22-11, is something to complain about in a close game no matter how many turnovers you have. Granted the foul difference in the second half was due to fouling at the end of the game to stop the clock.

valpopal

According to Paul, Valpo opponents in 7 MVC road games have taken 76 more free throws, an average of 10.8 more per game. Yet, just as interesting, Lottich has 0 technical fouls.

[tweet]961434895393480710[/tweet]