• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #29 - Saturday Feb 17 8pm ARC - vs Bradley on NBCSports Chicago - HOF Night

Started by VU2014, February 15, 2018, 10:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2014

A 18-10 (conf: 8-7) Bradley team comes to town on Saturday. They're 1-3 in their last 4 games and just beat a shorthanded IL St team at home last night. We're now firmly in the bottom 7 seeds but we can still try and build some momentum and confidence going into Arch Madness.

We've been playing better of late and if we can put together a more consistent 40 minute performance, we could pick up the W in our last 3 games.

Predictions
barttorvik: Valparaiso -0.6, 66-65 (52%) http://barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Valparaiso
espn matchup predictor: gives us a 59% chance of winning

Bradley is a strong defensive team. They're long/athletic and disruptive on defense but aren't nearly as efficient on offense.

Let's pick up the W and have a great turnout! It's a Saturday game so Students SHOULD be out there in full force! No excuses! It's also Hall of Fame Night!

M

I'll give us a 74-60 win. 

The students have done a nice job lowering our expectations to 0.

crusadermoe

HOF will amp things up somewhat, especially for the players.  We have played well at home and we are on a good trend.

I think an 8 point  win.     Will say 76-68.

VUGrad1314

We're playing on Thursday no matter what so let's not worry about pressure or expectations. Just play your best ball and let's have some fun shaking up the standings. If we do that there may be a postseason berth in our future. Go Valpo!

valpo64

Let's get the win...and Bakari please keep your mouth shut when you get called for a foul.  Sometimes you really do commit a foul. With a technical foul now considered a personal foul also, we need you on the floor.

VU2014

I didn't see the Bakari T at the end of the Loyola game but someone mentioned he was trying to discuss a call with the ref and didn't give the ball to him right away after trying to discuss something with the ref. It didn't sound too egregious but not wise. I think he's actually been better in recent games with the body language and controlling his emotions on the court. We need him to not get too down on his teammates when there is a blown defensive assignment or a call doesn't go our way. I think I've seen some maturity lately but he needs to continue down that path. I'm excited about Bakari's future.

VU2014

Probably one of the most accurate article title I've seen in a while.

https://twitter.com/bradleyhoops/status/964637150405799936

Valpo's winter of discontent
By Dave Reynolds
Journal Star sports reporter
Posted at 4:49 PM

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/20180216/valpos-winter-of-discontent

VU2014

Predictions for this game?

I'm predicting a Valpo win. VU 67, BU 64. Tevonn is going to have a big game.

Prediction for Student attendance tonight? I've been burned before but it's a Saturday so I'm say 75% full student section with more students scattered around in different sections. I'm also predicting they'll have no clue what to do or know any of the cheers considering the student section "leaders" admitted to not knowing any cheers.  ::)

VU2014

Marty is in warmups at shoot around. Not sure we'll see him get minutes tonight. Maybe.
https://twitter.com/MichaelOsipoff/status/965019728753381376

VU2014

A little bit of disappointing turnout tonight for a saturday night game. Weather was pretty bad.

VU2014

Quote from: VU2014 on February 17, 2018, 07:55:19 PM
A little bit of disappointing turnout tonight for a saturday night game. Weather was pretty bad.

Check that it started to fill up more closer to the game.

VU2014

Not a great start to the game. Bradley 15, Valpo 5, 13:41 min left in1st half.

Valpo half court is a BAD in the early going...

VU2014

valpotx

Attendance is pretty solid for a bad Valpo team.  Smits really needs to learn how to play defense and rebound...
"Don't mess with Texas"

nkvu

VU2014

nkvu

Would have been nice if we had played more than the last 5 minutes. Still, only down 5 at half. Given the way we played in the first 15 I'll take it. Decent free throw shooting kept us in the game (Bradford made his!). And Sorolla surprised me in that he showed he can dunk if he has enough time to think about it with no one around him.

M

Dude airballed a dunk and fell down...they have a guy named Koch Bar...there are 25 loud students in DD and would make great additions to the student section (this isn't a complaint I've enjoyed their enthusiasm)

nkvu

Now that was truly an enjoyable second half to watch. I've gotten so used to the other team making the clutch shots toward the end of the game to clinch it that it was great to see us doing it. Clutch free throw shooting too. They are playing hard and getting better and it payed off tonight. Good job.